AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
01-09-2015, 02:08 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
(01-09-2015 01:36 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 07:57 AM)toxsickcity Wrote:  I have just got a NV 750TI for 2nd PC. I can sue NV Ctrl Panel for creating custom resolutions and I have always thought my TV had a 297Mhz PX Clock Limit. but this card allows me to go as high as around the 325-335Mhz safely..

Where as my PCS+ R9 290 still remains locked at 297MHZ.
I have tried your AMD Patcher and it went ok without error but still does not allow me to run higher then 297Mhz..
The patcher does not currently patch the 297 MHz limits because as you mentioned with the 750 Ti, the hardware can't handle much more than that. 330 MHz would only get you about 3 Hz more at 3840x2160, and 297 MHz is already enough for 1920x1080 @ 120 Hz. I might add the 297 MHz limits in the next version of the patcher.
Hi Toasty X

mate.. your so awesome.. thankyou so much for clearing this up for me, a few others on a forum i am active in are having same issues and was not sure what was going on... I hear others say they unlock and can use 330mhz!?! as to why I am so concerned to why 297mhz was a stretch

can you comment on exactly what your patch does as it kind of says it unlocks 330Mhz

you mentions next release may solve the 297Mhz limit.. I truly hope you can alter this setting.. it is so cool to run 140hz vs the 120 because of the pixel clocks on the Nvidia card!! hehehe ( I am actually a Radeon Fan.. Sad to see the drivers may not be as cool as nv?!?! dunno)

if it is not too much troubles.. you mention that your patch brakes a few items from working normally.. such as hardware overlays etc.. what would be required to ensure the patch doesnt disturb the drivers from this happening..

On a last note. if you can help or not. the forum I am active in is a forum for SEIKI 4K users. we are trying to push our tv's higher then the current 30hz 3840x2160 rez

if going even to 32hz which pixel clocks allow under 297.. it brakes our images and disturbs our image into blurred mess..

if you can look at maybe the last 2-3 pages of the following topics. if there is anything you can input to solving our issues I would be so damned in your debts!

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-fl...st30636698

http://www.overclock.net/t/1442986/playi...t_23383212

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=10...9&posted=1

last note. this tv is weird when trying to work with the clock/phase image size and position.. it seem the firmware is built around a 1080p screen and hacked to work with 4k...

if you know anyone or can play with firmwares.. we also have links to downloadable firmwares..
just a wish!! hehe thanks again for already providing an awesome solution to custom resolutions...

thanks again for your reply.. I can sleep easy now Tongue

Kind regards
Shaun
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2015, 11:14 PM
(12-16-2014 05:54 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(12-15-2014 05:21 PM)Aldaris Wrote:  The ONLY thing that has changed is the Omega drivers. Cable hasn't moved or shifted, nothing is forcing a clock change. Before the drivers I was stable on 110hz with correct downclocking with no scanlines and no whine. Precisely the same settings after Omega but these issues have now appeared.
You said the drivers seemed fine at first, but then the monitor stopped displaying 110 Hz and the GPU memory wouldn't clock down anymore. That means something else changed that you didn't recognize. You also said the horizontal scanlines and high-pitched noise happened with the 7970, which was before the new drivers. This sounds like an intermittent fault with the monitor combined with something else that is causing the memory clock to stop clocking down.
At first being immediate install but I didn't actually do anything further other than go to bed. The issues began the next day when I used the computer seriously, but the only thing that had changed was the Omega drivers. The issues with the 7970 actually disappeared in August when I built a new computer and everything was fresh. That's several months without faults of any kind until Omega was installed. It sounds somewhat coincidental to me, but if you're sure it's nothing to do with your software I'm completely at a loss as to explain the cause.

Increasing v blank incrementally hasn't resolved the issue either sadly Sad
01-21-2015, 03:04 AM
(01-10-2015 11:14 PM)Aldaris Wrote:  At first being immediate install but I didn't actually do anything further other than go to bed. The issues began the next day when I used the computer seriously, but the only thing that had changed was the Omega drivers. The issues with the 7970 actually disappeared in August when I built a new computer and everything was fresh. That's several months without faults of any kind until Omega was installed. It sounds somewhat coincidental to me, but if you're sure it's nothing to do with your software I'm completely at a loss as to explain the cause.

Increasing v blank incrementally hasn't resolved the issue either sadly Sad
Make sure "Reduce DVI frequency on high-resolution displays" is NOT enabled in the Catalyst Control Center under "My Digital Flat-Panels" properties. Enabling that option could cause the wrong timing parameters to be used.

Also, "Alternate DVI operational mode" should normally be enabled. You might have different results with the horizontal lines with that option disabled.
01-21-2015, 03:21 AM
(01-09-2015 02:08 PM)toxsickcity Wrote:  mate.. your so awesome.. thankyou so much for clearing this up for me, a few others on a forum i am active in are having same issues and was not sure what was going on... I hear others say they unlock and can use 330mhz!?! as to why I am so concerned to why 297mhz was a stretch

can you comment on exactly what your patch does as it kind of says it unlocks 330Mhz
The 330 MHz limit is for dual-link DVI. The patch only affects the 165 MHz HDMI limit. The 297 MHz HDMI limit is separate. I will try to have a version you can test in a few days.

(01-09-2015 02:08 PM)toxsickcity Wrote:  if it is not too much troubles.. you mention that your patch brakes a few items from working normally.. such as hardware overlays etc.. what would be required to ensure the patch doesnt disturb the drivers from this happening..
I can't do anything about that, but most playback issues have workarounds.

(01-09-2015 02:08 PM)toxsickcity Wrote:  On a last note. if you can help or not. the forum I am active in is a forum for SEIKI 4K users. we are trying to push our tv's higher then the current 30hz 3840x2160 rez

if going even to 32hz which pixel clocks allow under 297.. it brakes our images and disturbs our image into blurred mess..
The 30 Hz timing parameters should be exactly 297 MHz. The TV might only be able to handle 32 Hz properly with those timing parameters, which would put the pixel clock at 316.80 MHz. I don't know anything about firmware modification, so I can't help with that.
01-29-2015, 02:10 PM (Last edited: 01-29-2015, 05:23 PM by ToastyX)
(01-09-2015 02:08 PM)toxsickcity Wrote:  you mentions next release may solve the 297Mhz limit.. I truly hope you can alter this setting.. it is so cool to run 140hz vs the 120 because of the pixel clocks on the Nvidia card!! hehehe ( I am actually a Radeon Fan.. Sad to see the drivers may not be as cool as nv?!?! dunno)
Try this: https://www.monitortests.com/atikmdag-patcher-1.3.1.zip (edit: run it 3 times to repatch an existing installation)

If you need HDMI support, make sure to import the updated hdmi-audio.dat file. The old file only allowed up to 300 MHz.
01-29-2015, 08:33 PM
Thanks Toasty X,

I will try this, My Game rig PSU died so I will pop a test PSU just for now. to test!

thanks for the updated files. I will report my findings later today.
01-30-2015, 06:18 AM
Hello ToastyX,
Quick question, would this program potentially solve my problem?

I am having an issue with my computer that not allowing me to increase the monitor refresh rate beyond 60 hz. I have an AMD GPU, a XFX R9 280X, that is connected by a Dual Link DVI to my ACER GN246HL. The GN246HL is rated to work up to 144 hz and when connected to my buddies Nvidia computer, it works up to these refresh rates with no problem. However, it will not go beyond 60 hz through windows, AMD Catalyst Control Center, ToastyX CRU, or any other method that I can find. I have tried different DVI Cables, and also tried the last 3 AMD Drivers, which did not work. I am perplexed and can't figure out why the DVI is not working. Sadly, the monitor does not support Displayport, so I am trying to find a why to have the monitor work through DVI. Please let me know what is needed to get this issue fixed.

Thank you,
GuardianXR
01-30-2015, 08:55 AM
(01-29-2015 02:10 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 02:08 PM)toxsickcity Wrote:  you mentions next release may solve the 297Mhz limit.. I truly hope you can alter this setting.. it is so cool to run 140hz vs the 120 because of the pixel clocks on the Nvidia card!! hehehe ( I am actually a Radeon Fan.. Sad to see the drivers may not be as cool as nv?!?! dunno)
Try this: https://www.monitortests.com/atikmdag-patcher-1.3.1.zip (edit: run it 3 times to repatch an existing installation)

If you need HDMI support, make sure to import the updated hdmi-audio.dat file. The old file only allowed up to 300 MHz.

Ok,

So I plugged a spare PSU and started to try your files,
For some reason the system completely crapped (Could not get screen resolution properties to open) system would hang on shutdown, this happened after installing your stuff, but I got a feeling it was unrelated..As only have the SSD running and system might have needed files from the mechanical drives?!?!!

anyway I plugged a spare HDD and it had a fresh OS W. 8.1 on it so I installed omega catalyst

then patched it, tried CRU. didnt find the refresh rates after reboot..

so I imported your hdmi-audio.dat file into CRU and that did the trick..

So now I am able to run 2560x1440@75hz & 2880x1620&65hz & 3840x1800@45hz

thanks to your update. Smile
Thanks ToastyX

P.S.
Is it possible to have more than 4 custom resolutions in the top part of CRU?
01-31-2015, 05:02 PM
(01-30-2015 08:55 AM)toxsickcity Wrote:  then patched it, tried CRU. didnt find the refresh rates after reboot..

so I imported your hdmi-audio.dat file into CRU and that did the trick..
The TV probably defines a 300 MHz limit for HDMI in the extension block, so you have to override it with the hdmi-audio.dat file, or you can disable the extension block, but that will disable audio.

(01-30-2015 08:55 AM)toxsickcity Wrote:  Is it possible to have more than 4 custom resolutions in the top part of CRU?
The next version of CRU will let you create a custom extension block with up to 6 more detailed resolutions:

[Image: cru-teaser.png]

I've been working on custom extension block support for a while and hope to release it within the next two weeks.
01-31-2015, 05:04 PM
(01-30-2015 06:18 AM)GuardianXR Wrote:  I am having an issue with my computer that not allowing me to increase the monitor refresh rate beyond 60 hz. I have an AMD GPU, a XFX R9 280X, that is connected by a Dual Link DVI to my ACER GN246HL. The GN246HL is rated to work up to 144 hz and when connected to my buddies Nvidia computer, it works up to these refresh rates with no problem. However, it will not go beyond 60 hz through windows, AMD Catalyst Control Center, ToastyX CRU, or any other method that I can find. I have tried different DVI Cables, and also tried the last 3 AMD Drivers, which did not work. I am perplexed and can't figure out why the DVI is not working. Sadly, the monitor does not support Displayport, so I am trying to find a why to have the monitor work through DVI. Please let me know what is needed to get this issue fixed.
If your video card has two DVI ports, then you're using the wrong DVI port. R9 280X cards with two DVI ports have one dual-link DVI port and one single-link DVI port.

The patch will allow 120 Hz to work on a single-link DVI port (and 144 Hz with the 1.3.1 patch), but the monitor might not be able to handle higher refresh rates with a single-link DVI connection. You shouldn't need the patch with a dual-link DVI port.