Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
04-21-2024, 10:12 PM (Last edited: 04-21-2024, 10:21 PM by Scoobyroo)
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(04-21-2024 09:41 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Does it work if you delete the "Extension override" data block in the extension block?

Afraid not Sad

<edited as I uploaded an version of this image not showing the NVCP res..>
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2024, 11:34 PM
(04-21-2024 10:12 PM)Scoobyroo Wrote:  Afraid not Sad
This would be an NVIDIA driver bug then. Last I heard NVIDIA's driver ignores EDID overrides with certain displays such as the S95C, so this might also affect the S95D. Previously CRU wasn't able to read the extension blocks at all for displays affected by this issue, but you're able to read the first extension block, so I don't know if NVIDIA fixed that part or if the S95D is different. Technically the display has two more extension blocks that CRU doesn't list, but with the "Extension override" data block deleted, the EDID override is complete as you have it, so it's supposed to work. That needs to be reported to NVIDIA.
04-22-2024, 08:54 AM
(04-21-2024 11:34 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  This would be an NVIDIA driver bug then. That needs to be reported to NVIDIA.

Understood, appreciate the feedback. I'll get a bug raised into Nvidia (not that I expect them to do anything). At least I know I'm not missing something obvious now Smile

Any harm in leaving the 'Extension Override' gone, or am I best running a CRU 'Re-set-all' (assume that'll pop it back?).