Deliner
09-08-2012, 03:13 PM (Last edited: 12-23-2012, 08:51 PM by ToastyX)
Star Deliner
Deliner counteracts the faint horizontal lines that appear on some IPS panels.

https://www.monitortests.com/deliner-1.1.zip

The correction only works on the desktop with desktop composition (Aero) enabled. Full screen games can't be corrected because they have exclusive access to the screen. This can be worked around by running a game in a borderless full screen window.

The contrast needs to be reduced slightly or the correction will add lines to white. This can be done by using reduce-contrast.exe or by using a color profile with a non-native white point.

To stop the program, use the task manager to end the process. To make the program start when you log in, put the exe file in the "Startup" folder.

Options for deliner.exe:

The program can be configured by renaming the exe file to include numbers separated by spaces.

1 to 255 = correction strength (default = 5)
0 = invert correction (swap light and dark rows)
-1, -2, etc. = screen number (default = -1)

The options can be in any order. Each screen has to be a separate exe file.

Advanced usage:

The screen can also be split into sections by specifying the number of columns and rows followed by the strength values from left to right, top to bottom.

Usage: deliner (options) (columns) (rows) (strength values).exe

This works best if neighboring sections only differ by 1, otherwise the difference between each section is noticeable.

Examples:

deliner.exe = open on screen 1 with default strength (5)
deliner 10.exe = open on screen 1 with strength = 10
deliner -2 10.exe = open on screen 2 with strength = 10
deliner -2 0 10.exe = open on screen 2 with inverted correction and strength = 10
deliner 2 3 4 5 5 6 6 7.exe = open on screen 1 with 2 columns, 3 rows, strength = {4, 5}, {5, 6}, {6, 7}

The program doesn't have real-time configuration, so you will have to start and stop the process manually to try different settings.

Options for reduce-contrast.exe:

0 to 127 = reduce contrast by this value (default = 5)
128 to 255 = set contrast to this value (default = 250)
0.5 to 2.0 = gamma correction (default = 1.0)
-1, -2, etc. = screen number (default = -1)

Use three contrast values to adjust the contrast for each RGB channel.
Use two gamma values to adjust dark and light colors differently.

Examples:

reduce-contrast -2 10.exe = reduce contrast by 10 on screen 2 (contrast = 245)
reduce-contrast 5 10 0.exe = reduce red by 5, green by 10, blue by 0 (contrast = 250 245 255)
reduce-contrast 250 245 255.exe = same as previous

The program sets the contrast and exits, so you don't need to open the task manager to end the process.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2012, 09:54 AM
RE: Deliner
Hi, I want to write for a long time, but did not find the time.
1. When PrintScreen strips are in the picture. Can this be fixed?
2. I'm in Windows 8, in games, deliner works. But when a non-native resolution, strips stretch out and it looks like the scanline. Can be done to turned off deliner in games where set nonnative resolution?
Thank.
11-09-2012, 11:44 AM
I don't know if I can do anything about print screen, but I updated the program to hide the correction if the vertical resolution changes. It will restore the correction when the resolution changes back.

I also added some options.
11-09-2012, 11:58 PM (Last edited: 11-09-2012, 11:59 PM by NightFox)
(11-09-2012 11:44 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  program to hide the correction if the vertical resolution changes. It will restore the correction when the resolution changes back.
Thank, but it not working. http://i.imgur.com/REY0r.jpg
Exactly the same strips and on the desktop.
11-11-2012, 04:42 AM
Did you start the program at the native resolution? Does it work if you change the resolution on the desktop after starting the program?

Is that an actual screen shot or did you scale it to show how it looks?
11-11-2012, 08:02 PM (Last edited: 11-11-2012, 08:16 PM by NightFox)
(11-11-2012 04:42 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  Did you start the program at the native resolution?
Yes.

(11-11-2012 04:42 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  Does it work if you change the resolution on the desktop after starting the program?
Very strange, I can not now catch the bug again on the desktop.
While in the game The Longest Journey (800х600), he is still observed.
In May Payne, Unreal this is not, but there is in C&C: TiberianSun (FireStorm), Nocturne.

(11-11-2012 04:42 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  Is that an actual screen shot or did you scale it to show how it looks?
Second.

I found another bug:
When I run DOSBOX SVN Daum and switches to full-screen mode (800х600), and come out of it, deliner stops working (it does not crash, but it ceases to perform its task).
11-14-2012, 03:26 PM
I will use a different method when I rewrite the program. Give me some time to work on it. I will also try to work around the print screen issue.
11-14-2012, 04:09 PM
(11-14-2012 03:26 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  I will use a different method when I rewrite the program. Give me some time to work on it. I will also try to work around the print screen issue.
Thanks a lot!
11-21-2012, 12:21 PM
I rewrote the program using the Win32 API for better control. It should reliably detect resolution changes now. I also found a way to hide the correction while print screen is pressed.

I also included a test program called enhancer.exe, which may help even out the correction. It is meant to be run together with deliner.exe and has the same options, except strength is ignored.
11-26-2012, 11:44 AM (Last edited: 11-26-2012, 11:50 AM by NightFox)
(11-21-2012 12:21 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  I rewrote the program using the Win32 API for better control. It should reliably detect resolution changes now. I also found a way to hide the correction while print screen is pressed.

I also included a test program called enhancer.exe, which may help even out the correction. It is meant to be run together with deliner.exe and has the same options, except strength is ignored.
Very cool, now it works as expected. Shy Thank you again!
But than can help enhancer.exe?