Display on extended Monitor did not work
12-17-2023, 09:06 PM
Display on extended Monitor did not work
Hi,
First, thanks for to forum, this is very helpful to understand some topics.

I would like also to highlight that I am more electrical engineers, I know little bit SW but not an expert.

Here you find my problem and I hope I will get some help and technical details.

my hardware configuration is:
1- Desktop PC with Intel 9th generation configuration (Apollo lake , intel Graphics 505)
2- Monitor#1 connected DP to VGA ( VGA length cable 2m)
3- Monitor #2 connected DP to VGA ( VGA length cable 10m)

My Software configuration:
1- Windows 10 (ver 1607) and Intel Graphics driver version 23.20.16.4982.

recently I move to a new windows version Windows 10(ver 1809) and Graphics driver 30.0.101.1069

And from this update the problem started with:
- Monitor#2 is always not recognized, always as Non- PnP, in the previous version I was able to get the signature name of the monitor, not now.

- 1 boot out 4, I get my Monitor#2 in extended mode where previously I configure on duplicate mode, not a good resolution, or black screen.

- I also face issue where I cannot find my good resolution 1980x1080, not available at all.

I start checking in Forums and find some literature about EDID and INF file, drivers.

I have the feeling that I am in the good forum with some top experts, I am not looking for only solution but some technical explanation also.

I really appreciate your help.

Zache
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2023, 09:53 PM
RE: Display on extended Monitor did not work
"Generic Non-PnP Monitor" means the EDID is either corrupted or couldn't be read by the graphics driver. Sometimes the EEPROM containing the EDID will get corrupted on older monitors and will need to be reprogrammed. DisplayPort to VGA adapters/cables are signal converters, and 10 meters is quite long, so it's also possible there's a signal quality problem or an issue with the converter. Have you tested monitor #2 with monitor #1's adapter/cable?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply