HKR,,MaxResolution,,"1280,1024"

[DPMS]
HKR,,DPMS,,1

[ICM9]
HKR,,ICMProfile,1,9

[Strings]
IIYAMA="IIYAMA CORPORATION"
PL1980="iiyama ProLite PL1980 Series"

So I hope that my monitor report properly the 75Hz possibility. Radeon 9100 does work with it at 75Hz w/o a glitch. I hoped FX 5600XT could work too, but it does not show any way to move up to 75Hz.
I could "override the refreshrates" to 75Hz, but it is just not happening.

Quote:Have you tried adding a custom resolution with the NVIDIA control panel? 1280x1024 @ 75 Hz should be possible with CVT reduced blanking even with lower quality TMDS transmitters. I don't know if the older drivers had advanced timing options.

Nope, but I will try it soon. As soon, as I get new CPU to play, so I will connect the old machine to my main monitor again Big Grin
It probably would require notably more modern drivers, tough. My whole aim is to use these old drivers because of their speed. Since that did not seems to happen (no, 60Hz is not for me), then I try Radeon 9600XT - much faster that 9100 and surely it will allow 75Hz over DVI.

Thanks for the explaination that only FX 5xxx cards are useless for the DVI output, limiting it to 60Hz.

Quote:any driver that supports EDID overrides in Vista or later. XP does not support EDID overrides.

Well, it start nicely, allow me to define the resolution... but that it is Sleepy Could I overwrite the EDID data myself somehow? Or could there be even the problem, when my monitor does support 75Hz?

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
...just keep folding, just keep folding...
Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DVI output & 60Hz refreshrate - oldschool drivers - trodas - 05-12-2015 03:16 PM