The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

should the ASUS VG248QE hurt my eyes?
09-21-2013, 08:28 PM (Last edited: 09-21-2013, 08:39 PM by Samuel Adams)
should the ASUS VG248QE hurt my eyes?
Greetings,

I'm coming from an ASUS VS248H-P monitor that I used for a year. That was an easy set up right out of the box and I had no issues with it. My son needed a new monitor for his rig so his upgrade became mine.

I just received the VG248QE yesterday and it's killing my eyes. I'm an old school gamer and remember my old 20" Sony CRT running at 100hz and how great that felt on the eyes compared to the lower refresh rates but it seems like I'm getting the opposite effect with this monitor. I'm getting headaches, eyestrain and/or feeling nauseous.

I've read a few similar complaints in reviews from Newegg and Amazon but for the most part people seem to really enjoy this monitor. The ICC profiles I installed do help with the color and whatnot but my eyes can't take this. Is it possible that I have a bad unit? I did get an open-box deal for $200 from Newegg. Before I return the monitor, I'm wondering if there's something I missed that I can try.

Gaming wise the picture looks great. I have no issues with light-boost using your program and absolutely notice the difference. Its really is pretty cool but I also do a lot of reading and other things.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I guess it could just be me and my old age but I honestly expected the night and day difference even on my desktop that others have seen coming from a 60hz.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
should the ASUS VG248QE hurt my eyes? - Samuel Adams - 09-21-2013 08:28 PM