Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
11-17-2014, 02:32 AM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(11-16-2014 04:06 PM)circusdevil Wrote:  Thank you for your response. OK I figured out it was Firefox causing the stutter in the UFO test. I just tried opera and worked perfectly. So is this a Firefox bug? But anyway I still don't have the option to change the strobeing brightness. I'm guessing that's not normal? Is there a fix for that? Thank you very much for your help ToastyX.
Frame rate issues will cause stuttering. Chrome is better at vsync than other browsers, and the current version of Opera uses the same engine as Chrome. I wouldn't worry about Firefox so much. That would just indicate a performance problem with Firefox and not a problem with the refresh rates.

(11-16-2014 04:06 PM)circusdevil Wrote:  Sorry for the quick posts but I hope this might help others also as I found new things out. I got the brightness setting working by resetting my monitors setting to default. I was trying to correct for the color change when using strobelight on the monitor which canceled out the strobeing brightness. So is there a way to get better color/brightness when strobbing? In the AMD color settings doesn't help. Thank you
That's weird. That seems like a monitor bug. The color settings should be locked in 3D mode. I don't really have any solutions for the color issues because software settings often don't affect full-screen games. That's one weakness of the LightBoost monitors. The newer BenQ Z-series monitors can strobe without washing out the colors.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
3D Vision WITHOUT LightBoost??? - weasel - 02-19-2014, 08:07 AM
RE: GeForce 344.11 - jayache80 - 10-06-2014, 02:25 AM
uninstalling failed? - l8nite - 11-04-2014, 06:21 PM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA - ToastyX - 11-17-2014 02:32 AM
ASUS MG248Q - TeddyTries - 12-24-2019, 04:27 AM