Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
07-08-2013, 01:34 AM (Last edited: 07-08-2013, 01:35 AM by ToastyX)
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(07-04-2013 06:49 PM)Godde Wrote:  Feedback: The strobe effect seems to be bound to "altgr"+ 0-9 in addition to ctrl+alt+num0-9. Is this intentional? I'm using a Norwegian keyboard layout, and as such I need access to those keys for regular keyboard usage. (@, $, brackets, and different kinds of punctuation)
Would it be possible to, for example, introduce custom key bindings?
The hotkeys will be fixed in the next beta coming in a few days. I will provide options to change the modifier keys, but I also want Ctrl+Alt to work without affecting AltGr. For some reason, Windows treats AltGr like Ctrl+Alt, and this goes pretty deep, so I have to write my own keyboard handler. This will also allow combinations like Ctrl+Win to work properly.

(07-03-2013 08:28 AM)r3lu84 Wrote:  Sometimes when I first start the computer, strobelight.exe turns out an error message saying that no compatible monitor was detected. After I click Retry everything is ok, Lightboost activates. Perhaps something can be done so that this message no longer appears.
I will try to fix that in the next beta as well.

(07-03-2013 08:28 AM)r3lu84 Wrote:  Here is an idea for a new feature: ability to load a custom color profile when Lightboost activates, and fallback to standard color profile when its off. Perhaps adding built-in custom colour profiles for some of the well known Lightboost monitors can also be done.
I'd like to implement something like that, but it might be a while before I get to it. That might end up being a separate program because it would be useful for other monitors as well. The main problem is figuring out how to get games to use the color profile. That's one problem nobody has been able to fully solve.

(07-04-2013 07:19 AM)lukerobertson Wrote:  how can i tell if i'm really seeing a strobing effect Sad
You should see multiple ghost images of your finger, like individual frames.

(07-07-2013 09:04 AM)lukerobertson Wrote:  i used that cru thing now this happens... any help?
Can you describe the problem? If it's just the monitor name, the name won't show up if you choose four refresh rates in the setup program, but that's purely cosmetic and doesn't affect anything.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA - ToastyX - 07-08-2013 01:34 AM
3D Vision WITHOUT LightBoost??? - weasel - 02-19-2014, 08:07 AM
RE: GeForce 344.11 - jayache80 - 10-06-2014, 02:25 AM
uninstalling failed? - l8nite - 11-04-2014, 06:21 PM
ASUS MG248Q - TeddyTries - 12-24-2019, 04:27 AM