Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: Cannot overclock QNIX QX2710.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have been reading the forums, trying to figure out why I couldn't overclock my monitor. I am running a GTX 580 on Windows 8.1, 64 bit. It is connected with a hefty Dual Link DVI cable from my Acer 3D monitor.

These are the steps I have followed:
1. Uninstalled Nvidia driver 337.50 and did a clean install of 335.23, without Geforce Experience.
2. Restarted my system.
3. Downloaded the Nvidia patcher and applied full patch.
4. Restarted my system.
5. Created a CRU profile for my monitor at 96hz, and moved it to the top of the list.
6. Restarted my system.

Whatever I do, I cannot select a refresh rate higher than 60hz from the Nvidia Control Panel, or the Windows monitor settings.

Can someone please help me overclock this sucker? Otherwise I feel like I just wasted my money.

Never mind, I got it to work!

I used the EVGA pixel clock utility and it added the custom refresh rate to Nvidia Control panel, everything is working fine now!
You didn't disable the extension block or import a custom one as described in the instructions:
(09-07-2012 09:06 PM)ToastyX Wrote: [ -> ]
  • NVIDIA users must either uncheck "Include extension block" or import a custom extension block for custom resolutions to work.
Reference URL's