Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: CRU -resetall created flickering even on default display adapter.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am a loss at the moment.

I used CRU to create a resolution to reduce blur by altering vblank as per blur busters guide and that all worked wonderfully. I used it awesomely without a single problem

I updated graphics drivers, and used CRU again, it worked wonderfully. But I typoed a timing and was unsure how to correct that. So I used the resetall.exe.

What exactly does that do, I had zero flickering on HDMI input to tv at 1080p 60hz and now even the default display driver from microsoft has flickering over HDMI.

Whatever "resetall" does introduced system wide black screen flicker on HDMI connections only my DP ports unaffected and my monitor(240hz) is unaffected. Only the HDMI connection was affected and only at 60hz signals?? What I need to desperately know is what exactly does "reset-all" go in and touch. Because I had zero black screen flicker and its a constant black screen every 1 second that only showed up after running "reset-all.exe" in CRU.

Basic display adapter driver never flickered on HDMI, and now it does, so I have to believe "reset-all.exe" caused it. I could be mistaken but it happened frame 1 after running it. I even reinstalled the GPU drivers to be see if it would actually reset it but to no avail all 60hz modes cause flicker over HDMI after running "reset-all.exe"

Hello, Minor Update.

I stopped the flickering entirely through a series of steps that makes no sense because I still dont know what "reset-all.exe" does and would still love to know exactly what it changes when it executes.

This is what bizarrely stopped my flickering on 60hz signals. I just cycled through all the available color options (limited vs full) and all the color ranges RGB vs YCbCr422 and YCbCr420. After I cycled and clicked back on RGB full 12bpc color it stopped the flickering.

I cant explain why cycling through all color outputs stopped 60hz flickering.
Running reset-all.exe removes all EDID overrides and Windows display settings, which resets everything back to default. It does not mess with hardware, and it would not do anything that causes flicker. You probably encountered a monitor firmware bug.
(09-03-2020 04:30 PM)ToastyX Wrote: [ -> ]Running reset-all.exe removes all EDID overrides and Windows display settings, which resets everything back to default. It does not mess with hardware, and it would not do anything that causes flicker. You probably encountered a monitor firmware bug.

Thank you for the response! Everything is working good! Have to agree its this TVs fault since no other monitor I had would exhibit the same behavior after the reset-all which was why I was so confused earlier. Thanks again for clearing that up!
Reference URL's