Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: No display marked "Active"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried creating a custom res and it didn't work, I deleted all the displays I had and restarted, now I have my 3 displays but none of them are marked active.

Also now all my extension blocks just say "default.

I've tried reset-all.exe and restarting after deleting them but nothing reverts it back.

any ideas?

Nyd
What video card? What monitor? How is the monitor connected?
(09-08-2020 02:06 AM)ToastyX Wrote: [ -> ]What video card? What monitor? How is the monitor connected?

Geforce 1050TI
I have Samsung 55 1080P hooked up via HDMI to DVI, a LG hooked up via HDMI via a Display port adapter. The third device is a Samsung soundbar that is plugge directly in with HDMI.

Not sure how to force CRU to be pull the EDID info again.
Nyd
You can't force CRU to read the EDID because it's not a CRU issue. CRU gets the active status directly from Windows, which gets the status from the graphics driver, so NVIDIA's driver is doing something weird. Do you have Surround enabled?
(09-10-2020 11:51 AM)ToastyX Wrote: [ -> ]You can't force CRU to read the EDID because it's not a CRU issue. CRU gets the active status directly from Windows, which gets the status from the graphics driver, so NVIDIA's driver is doing something weird. Do you have Surround enabled?

I think I will do a clean install of the graphics drivers.
Surround isn't recognized really by Windows, just sez stero.
It does detect DTS/dolby digital
but only 2 channels and 32.khz/44.1khz.

Thanks again,

Nyd
Reference URL's