Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: Black screen after CRU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I overclocked my display to 75 hz. I restarted and the logo showed but after that nothing. I recovered the system afterwards and I’m pretty sure I lost my data. My computer is an All-in-one so all the videos I’ve watched haven’t worked. The thing is I can’t enter safe mode. What do I do? The screen is also flickering a lot.
Why can't you enter safe mode? Turning the computer off twice when the logo shows the spinner should give you a recovery menu that lets you enter safe mode. How did you lose your data?
(11-03-2020 02:48 PM)ToastyX Wrote: [ -> ]Why can't you enter safe mode? Turning the computer off twice when the logo shows the spinner should give you a recovery menu that lets you enter safe mode. How did you lose your data?

This is the new nvidia driver crash issue as well. there is a problem.

This started with the driver update that changed edid behavior as per nvidia change log.
Plug in another monitor, uninstall your drivers and download some older version of them.
And Safe mode should work regardless of just about anything.

EDIT: Sorry for assuming its NVIDIA. Fixed it.
Dalmotion didn't say anything about NVIDIA. All-in-ones are usually Intel.
Reference URL's