Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: 240hz but 60hz in-game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, im new on this forum and on using CRU. I need help.

I followed a tutorial on YouTube for adding a custom resolution for the game i play, Apex Legends.

i follow step by step and getting the resolution to wok. Also to mention, that i play on a gaming laptop. The custom resolution works and present in the display settings, playing the game in fullscreen is only at 60hz instead of 240hz. (My main monitor is a 240hz panel). The resolution i had addded is 1440x1080 and 1728x1080 both at 240hz.

So i decided to play the game in borderless windowed because I noticed that it is not affected when playing borderless windowed and could play at 240hz. However i experience input-lag in borderless-windowed. So its a disappointment that i couldnt play in fullscreen without having the game run at 240hz . I dont know if i didnt put the correct value or something, that is i havent used CRU before.
(07-13-2021 06:26 AM)DrillyDud Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there, im new on this forum and on using CRU. I need help.

I followed a tutorial on YouTube for adding a custom resolution for the game i play, Apex Legends.

i follow step by step and getting the resolution to wok. Also to mention, that i play on a gaming laptop. The custom resolution works and present in the display settings, playing the game in fullscreen is only at 60hz instead of 240hz. (My main monitor is a 240hz panel). The resolution i had addded is 1440x1080 and 1728x1080 both at 240hz.

So i decided to play the game in borderless windowed because I noticed that it is not affected when playing borderless windowed and could play at 240hz. However i experience input-lag in borderless-windowed. So its a disappointment that i couldnt play in fullscreen without having the game run at 240hz . I dont know if i didnt put the correct value or something, that is i havent used CRU before.

Hi there, does Apex Legends have a slider of resolutions and refresh rates? Never played the game to answer that, but it is probably a problem in the game configs.

Have you tried the new resolutions on any other game? If not, do so.

If NOTHING works, you can try only one resolution and refresh rate in CRU. But aways make backups if anything bad happens and add some keyboard shortcuts to Reset Monitor and Restart GPU whenever you want.
(07-13-2021 05:45 PM)Alias_Uruz Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-13-2021 06:26 AM)DrillyDud Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there, im new on this forum and on using CRU. I need help.

Hi there, does Apex Legends have a slider of resolutions and refresh rates? Never played the game to answer that, but it is probably a problem in the game configs.

If NOTHING works, you can try only one resolution and refresh rate in CRU. But aways make backups if anything bad happens and add some keyboard shortcuts to Reset Monitor and Restart GPU whenever you want.

Thanks for the reply. Apex does allow the players to play on 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratios and different resolutions but it depends ln the users monitor of what resolution they have. As for refresh rate sliders, it does not have one. However, players can put a command line before launching the game to run it at what refresh rate they want it in. I tried it but didnt work.

Ah! I actually havent tried playing other games yet with the new resolutions, i have to see about that.

As for the keyboard shortcuts, how do i make one?
(07-14-2021 10:26 AM)DrillyDud Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-13-2021 05:45 PM)Alias_Uruz Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for the reply. Apex does allow the players to play on 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratios and different resolutions but it depends ln the users monitor of what resolution they have. As for refresh rate sliders, it does not have one. However, players can put a command line before launching the game to run it at what refresh rate they want it in. I tried it but didnt work.

Ah! I actually havent tried playing other games yet with the new resolutions, i have to see about that.

As for the keyboard shortcuts, how do i make one?

Go to CRU's folder and send a shortcut to desktop of the Reset Monitor and Restart GPU. Then you right click on their shortcuts and put whatever you find the best. I do Ctrl+Alt+End to Reset Monitor (so you do that and tap Enter) and Ctrl+Alt+Home to Restart GPU. When you do so, your GPU Overclocks get reseted on MSI, so if you use GPU Overclocks, you'll have to re-apply them.

That is MY way of doing my tests, but I do not know if it is the optimal.
Remember to aways make BACKUPS.

Again, if nothing works, you can always use only one resolution on CRU.
Reference URL's