Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: CRU HELP!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Actually my monitor's native resolution is 1920x1080 but my monitor is capable only of GPU Scaling. But after using cru and dooing all the steps with that tutorial it capable to use Display scaling with Custom resolution of 1920x1080 Smile
After dooing everywhere is 1920x1080 144hz but only in Display settings Recommended is 1280x1024 instead of 1920x1080. and it messes my gameplay lags.
I will try to explain you how the tutorial works.
After opening CRU :
Firstly You delete Detailed resolutions.
Secondly You delete Standart Resolutions.
Thirdly : You go to Extension Block Press Edit Finding your Native Resolution Example is : 1920x1080 @ 144.000Hz ( 325.08 MHz) [+/+] Tick it and press Edit There are some numbers that you need Write somewhere Like Active, Front Porch, Sync,Total
After that you delete all detailed resolutions and finally you go To Standart Resolutions And create 16:9 1920x1080 @60Hz. Then close CRU AND Use Restart64 Then You Are able to use Display Scaling instead of GPU In Nvidia Control Panel So After switching Display Scaling. You just go to Create Custom Resolution with the numbers you writen earlier.
And You just create 144hz 1920x1080 Custom and it was working. But Yesterday as i said I get Recommended Resolution 1280x1024 instead of 1920x1080 this is a headache...
I don't understand why you're deleting 1920x1080 @ 144 Hz with CRU only to add it back with the NVIDIA control panel. You're going through all this trouble to make absolutely no difference.

Display scaling only applies to lower resolutions that are defined in the EDID (shown in CRU). It does not apply to the native resolution or lower scaled resolutions that are automatically added by the driver (not shown in CRU). Deleting all the resolutions from the EDID will make all lower resolutions scaled by the GPU, so forcing display scaling would have no effect.

You need at least one detailed resolution to define the native resolution. If the native resolution changes to 1280x1024, then either you have 1280x1024 defined somewhere, or the driver is picking a default resolution because you deleted all the detailed resolutions. Show me a screenshot of what you have.
Yeah. so can i check if i have somewhere a defined 1280x1024? I was trying to delete from extension block 1280x1024 but it keeps automatically there.
I keep asking you to show me what you did. Show me a screenshot.
Hey. What screenshot you need? I now didn't do anything and used reset-all & reset64 to play with GPU Scaling.
I want you to show me what's left after you did the steps that causes 1280x1024 to be the recommended resolution.
I don't know actually. this is the problem. I Reinstalled my windows and decided to use cru again and they was there. plus i enabled XMP RAM Through bios if it's does anything i dunno
I'm done dealing with you. First, what you're trying to do doesn't even make sense because scaling doesn't apply to the native resolution. Second, you're being vague and not showing me what you're doing with CRU so I can't see what's going on. Third, you can't seem to understand simple instructions or think logically, so this is a waste of time.
Huh i explained to you what i was dooing in the upper posts. I Asked you a simple question : How to restore or delete permanently all extensions resolutions you couldn't answer me that even.
And i even given the tutorial to you so watch it and you will see yourself what it does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itxGklngFPU - here you go again.
I suppose to do 1920x1080 but only in "DISPLAY SCALING" NOT "GPU SCALING" So this video is a tutorial of dooing that.
How can I answer anything when you won't show me what you're doing? I'm not psychic. I can't see your screen. Show me screenshots of what you're doing, not a video of what someone else is doing with a different monitor. Why are you making this so difficult?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's