Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: DVI-D will not overclock but DVD-I will, QNIX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone!

I got my QNIX QX2710L mointor a few days ago, and am having trouble overclocking it.

The monitor will overclock fine when i connect it via the DVI-I slot on my GPU. However whenever i connect it to my DVI-D slot it goes back to 60Hz, and another problem im having is that the monitor want even work when connected to the DVI-D slot unless i have the patchier from ToastyX installed.

Any idea what to do?

Thanks

Specs: I5 4690k, R9 280X, ASROCK Z97 extreme 4. windows 8.1 64bit
The R9 280X only has one dual-link DVI port, and it happens to be the DVI-I port on your card. Unless you want to hook up a VGA adapter, the distinction between DVI-D and DVI-I doesn't matter. The QNIX just needs a dual-link DVI port.
(08-24-2014 09:36 PM)ToastyX Wrote: [ -> ]The R9 280X only has one dual-link DVI port, and it happens to be the DVI-I port on your card. Unless you want to hook up a VGA adapter, the distinction between DVI-D and DVI-I doesn't matter. The QNIX just needs a dual-link DVI port.

So basically the QNIX HAS to be plugged into the dual port which in my case is the DVI-I slot?

And yes i have another monitor which is VGA and due to DVD-I supporting analog i was using that port for the VGA and the DVI-D for the QNIX
The patch will allow the QNIX to work on a single-link DVI port, but it won't be overclockable. Either get an active DVI to VGA converter so you can plug the VGA monitor into the DVI-D port, or get an NVIDIA card.
(08-25-2014 12:29 PM)ToastyX Wrote: [ -> ]The patch will allow the QNIX to work on a single-link DVI port, but it won't be overclockable. Either get an active DVI to VGA converter so you can plug the VGA monitor into the DVI-D port, or get an NVIDIA card.

Alrighty, thank you very much for your help and all the time and effort you have contributed into the overclocking business
Reference URL's