Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: CRU monitor not reading as active
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(07-23-2022 05:07 PM)synced Wrote: [ -> ]its my computer and its not even installed... updating everything on windows to see if that helps me.
Well someone installed the software at some point. You should be able to uninstall the PnP-Monitor Lock driver using Device Manager. Then it should revert to the normal Generic PnP Monitor driver.
(07-23-2022 05:24 PM)ToastyX Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2022 05:07 PM)synced Wrote: [ -> ]its my computer and its not even installed... updating everything on windows to see if that helps me.
Well someone installed the software at some point. You should be able to uninstall the PnP-Monitor Lock driver using Device Manager. Then it should revert to the normal Generic PnP Monitor driver.

everytime i plug in my hdmi to my pc, it comes back as PnP-monitor lock
idk ive uninstalled it but its every time i plug it in
Uninstalling using Device Manager is supposed to give you a check box option to delete the driver. You can also choose update driver and manually select Generic PnP Monitor. I'm more concerned with why the driver is installed in the first place. The Remote Utilities software might still be installed somewhere, and if you didn't install it, then someone else did and could be spying on your computer. The latest version of the software doesn't even use the driver, and the older version had an option to uninstall the monitor driver: https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/...-_standard
i have the same problem my main monitor shows two with the same name neither say active and i was trying to make my res 1720x1080 but it doesn't work.

Wire,
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's