Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: LG Electronics 55UB8500 4K with CRU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did anyone know if the CRU utility can create custom resolutions for the LG Electronics 55UB8500, it is a 4K and 3D TV. I created a custom 1440p (60 Hz) resolution with my seiki TV, but i would like to now if i can do the same thing with the LG without breaking it or something.
Anyone?
Why not try it and see if it works? It won't break the TV.
I have this monitor as well and got 1440p to work using the utility but can't get it any higher than 30Hz. Any ideas to get it to work higher? I used the pixel clock patcher and set the refresh rate to 60Hz in the CRU utility, but my TV and Windows still both only show 30Hz as the refresh rate.
(09-11-2014 03:29 PM)evertec Wrote: [ -> ]I have this monitor as well and got 1440p to work using the utility but can't get it any higher than 30Hz. Any ideas to get it to work higher? I used the pixel clock patcher and set the refresh rate to 60Hz in the CRU utility, but my TV and Windows still both only show 30Hz as the refresh rate.

Hi, i have not try mine since im waiting for a new remote (by accident i destroyed mine). Have you been able to achieve the 60 Hz? I will try as soon as i get the new remote.
(09-13-2014 01:45 AM)grandus Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2014 03:29 PM)evertec Wrote: [ -> ]I have this monitor as well and got 1440p to work using the utility but can't get it any higher than 30Hz. Any ideas to get it to work higher? I used the pixel clock patcher and set the refresh rate to 60Hz in the CRU utility, but my TV and Windows still both only show 30Hz as the refresh rate.

Hi, i have not try mine since im waiting for a new remote (by accident i destroyed mine). Have you been able to achieve the 60 Hz? I will try as soon as i get the new remote.

Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to get 60Hz. With HDMI directly, it defaults to 30Hz no matter what I set the CRU to. When I try displayport or DVI to HDMI adapters, the TV won't display 1440p at all, gives an unsupported resolution error.
(09-15-2014 05:45 PM)evertec Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2014 01:45 AM)grandus Wrote: [ -> ]

Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to get 60Hz. With HDMI directly, it defaults to 30Hz no matter what I set the CRU to. When I try displayport or DVI to HDMI adapters, the TV won't display 1440p at all, gives an unsupported resolution error.
sorry about my poor english... ;p

You can't use full 4k 60Hz using HDMI 1.4
What type of graphic card du You have ?
Normally You can't use 60 Hz and 4k - cos u need HDMI 2.0 (at TV and output in graphic cart)

Gtx980 + has HDMI 2.0 so u can use 4k 60Hz (full)

BUT Big Grin ....
NVIdia drivers 340.43 or higher support 4k 60Hz Tongue
U need Nvidia Gtx660 or higher (with Kepler GPU Architecture)
how it support:

link 1

link 2

If u want play games its great solution but if u wanna work with text - not good enough :/

This is my LG 40UB800V
Gtx 660 ti

And problem with flickering at 4096x2160 60Hz and 50Hz also at
3840x2160

My LG 40UB800V

SOLVED

f.lux was problem
Reference URL's