Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: Overclock works.. Yet, "Optimum Mode" issue.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

Saw this website so I thought what the hell. I was seeking for how to overclock my monitor and came across this site. I, in the past overclocked my Samsung SW2333SW to 70Hz but it didn't work, or 75Hz (saw ugly picture but the thing worked) .. Although, I saw "Not Optimum Mode".. when I ran it on games it shut off my monitor.

Now, 60Hz is killing me.. I'm used to my old 19 inch Acer monitor which had 75Hz .. such a beast, lovely smooth gameplays and stuff. But the thing is, the screen cracked and I'm using a replacement which is the SW2333SW that I could from my cousin.

Now, I came across this forums looking for a way, and found "Pixel Lock" patcher or what not, so I tried it so what the hell could happen?.. now I dunno if it worked or not, hell I don't even know what it does tbh, but I wanted to see if it "fixed" my problem. Which it didn't.

Now by "problem" I mean, the overclock is WORKING, ok? I can see the change from 60Hz to 75Hz which is the limit.. cuz when I set it to 80Hz it simply goes black. However, it will go black after 50 seconds.. (I can remove the box saying "Not Optimum Mode" by pressing the "Menu" button on my screen) .. but it keeps shutting off and I need to close my monitor and open it and the picture will display an image.

TL;DR - My question is, how de' hell do I get rid of this Not Optimum mode thing? THE Overclock is GOOD, it is WORKING, but the monitor will simply NOT accept it. OMG.....
You don't need the pixel clock patcher if you keep the pixel clock under 165 MHz. Beyond that, the video card sends a dual-link DVI signal, but that monitor can only handle single-link DVI signals, which is why the picture was ugly. The pixel clock is the total number of pixels per second (horizontal total * vertical total * refresh rate). The patcher modifies the driver to send a single-link DVI signal up to 230 MHz pixel clock, so it should display fine with the patcher.

Samsung monitors usually let you run 75 Hz, so I'm not sure why you're getting the "Not optimum mode" message. Have you tried the "LCD reduced" timing option in CRU? That will keep the pixel clock under 165 MHz. If that doesn't help, then there's no way to get rid of the message. The monitor's firmware is simply not allowing it even though the monitor's hardware can handle it.
the max this monitor can go without showing this error is 63Hz, anything about 63Hz will show up this message (64Hz shows...) .. and I tried LCD Reduced .. didn't work.. shows me that the Pixel Clock is 162.49 on 70Hz and 164.61 on 75Hz ... and on 59.993Hz it shows 138.50MHz..

Are you sure Samsung monitors will make me run 75Hz?.. cuz I do see the non optimum mode apears when I try to do 75Hz, I can still see an image and move my mouse freely.. but after 30-40 seconds it will go blank. And the picture is fine in 75Hz after the Pixel clock patch thingy.. (magic probably... lol)
(11-06-2014 04:44 PM)StareX Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure Samsung monitors will make me run 75Hz?
It probably depends on the model. Samsung monitors usually allow up to 77 Hz, but it's possible the model you have will only allow up to 63 Hz.

There's one trick you can try. Try holding the menu button down for 5 seconds to lock the OSD. I don't know if that will stop the monitor from shutting itself off. If not, hold the menu button down again to unlock the OSD.
(11-06-2014 10:56 PM)ToastyX Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2014 04:44 PM)StareX Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure Samsung monitors will make me run 75Hz?
It probably depends on the model. Samsung monitors usually allow up to 77 Hz, but it's possible the model you have will only allow up to 63 Hz.

There's one trick you can try. Try holding the menu button down for 5 seconds to lock the OSD. I don't know if that will stop the monitor from shutting itself off. If not, hold the menu button down again to unlock the OSD.

Nope. didnt do the trick Sad.. guess Im stuck with this monitor.. unless there's a way to unlock this non optimum mode :/
Reference URL's