Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: Appropriate monitor settings for 77hz LCD 1280x1024?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My refresh rate utility has these values that can be modified.
Pixel clock: ) Color depth (32bit)
Horizontal - Vertical (each option basically has to be entered twice and differently in the second row. first for horizontal next for vertical.
Front porch:
Back porch:
sync width:
Active:
sync polarity:
scan rate:
Total:

The maximum "standard" refresh rate i can get by just adding a straight custom refresh rate is 77hz before i get frequency out of range.
I dont believe it's precisely 77hz either because i have an HP LCD at 1280x1024 resolution can someone help me with getting a correct valid refresh rate that doesnt have some silly values pretending it's a CRT monitor or something?

also when i try to set 85hz refresh rate i get input signal out of range but i can CLEARLY and CRISPLY see my desktop still with no problem. How would i go about removing the annoying input signal out of range box if i can still see my screen just fine? it also eventually says monitor going to sleep then my screen turns off and the green light goes to yellow. What?
The timing parameters are not the issue. You are running into monitor firmware limits. You can't get around that.

Are you sure the monitor can actually do 77 Hz? Older monitors tend to skip frames at anything other than 60 Hz.
Yeah it displays at 85hz when i check the monitor display properties when i click the button on the side of my monitor (and the frequency out of range box disappears and displays the menu properly while i can still see my desktop just fine too) it reads at 85hz if i select 85hz as a custom resolution. i dont know why it says frequency out of range if i can still see my desktop its really weird. because theres like a threshold at 76-78hz where it says frequency out of range but i can still auto-adjust option works just fine and still see my desktop.
Reference URL's