Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: Philips 718 with Display Port to HDMI 2.1 Adapter. Can't get VRR To work. CRU Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a Philips 55 OLED 718 and i am trying to get FreeSync to work through a DP to HDMI 2.1 adapter. The VRR works when using an HDMI. But the problem is i have an 2070 Super that doesn't support 2.1. So i bought an DP to HDMI 2.1 and a 2.1 HDMI Cable.

The problem is, when i connect the TV to my pc, In Nvidia i can set 12bpc Full Range 120hz, but the TV only reads it as 12bpc Limited Range and the Colors become screwed up, this is one of the problems. To fix the colors i can set it to 12bpc Limited range and seems fine.

Now for the GSync part, i can enable GSync in NVidia Control panel for the display. The problem is GSync doesnt actaully work. I downloaded the demo from NVidia Website and tested multiple games the GSync logo never shows up even tho Gsync is enabled in NVCP.

I read online that in order to get VRR working though the adapter i have to make the PC send an HDMI VRR Signal instead of DP VRR signal. Since the TV is receiving a DP VRR Signal it doesn't even detect it. I assume its the same issue with Full Range RGB, the TV is detecting it as a Limited Signal for some reason even tho in NVidia its set to Full RGB and in the process it screws up the color. I read that this can be fixed using CRU. But i have no idea where to start.

If anyone has any way to help on what to change to get the Full 12BPC Full Range + GSYnc working i would appreciate it. I can also offer more info if needed.

Edit:

This is what i found dunno how to do it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comme...are_button

Thank You.
You need an adapter that supports converting DisplayPort active sync to HDMI 2.1 VRR. There's no way to send an HDMI VRR signal through DisplayPort. They are different protocols. I don't know what they are talking about with the EDID.
(03-28-2024 12:56 AM)ToastyX Wrote: [ -> ]You need an adapter that supports converting DisplayPort active sync to HDMI 2.1 VRR. There's no way to send an HDMI VRR signal through DisplayPort. They are different protocols. I don't know what they are talking about with the EDID.

Do you know if such adapter exists ? Kinda not in the state of buying a new gpu just for this, i have been searching but i seem lost on this topic ?
(04-06-2024 08:10 PM)Kristijan1001 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know if such adapter exists ? Kinda not in the state of buying a new gpu just for this, i have been searching but i seem lost on this topic ?
I don't see any that works with NVIDIA GPUs.
Reference URL's