Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: overclocking crt monitor hp p1230
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm interested in overclocking monitors and new to it. However, I was just tinkering around my hp p1230 using the CRU.exe manual timing settings. My hp p1230 can output 140khz horizontal rate using 2048x1537 using 85hz vertical refresh rate.

I've want to test super low resolutions just out of curiosity. So I I first tested 640x480 resolution. How come the monitor can output 140khz from the maxed resolution, can I not use the same 140khz with lower resolution? All it does it blank my monitor out...so why won't it display the calculated vertical refresh rate of 264hz?

Also, i've edit my total pixel count to 832 pixels horizontal and 509 pixel vertical, if that's any relevant to my question..
thanks,

badugi
(11-27-2014 02:06 AM)badugi Wrote: [ -> ]I'm interested in overclocking monitors and new to it. However, I was just tinkering around my hp p1230 using the CRU.exe manual timing settings. My hp p1230 can output 140khz horizontal rate using 2048x1537 using 85hz vertical refresh rate.

I've want to test super low resolutions just out of curiosity. So I I first tested 640x480 resolution. How come the monitor can output 140khz from the maxed resolution, can I not use the same 140khz with lower resolution? All it does it blank my monitor out...so why won't it display the calculated vertical refresh rate of 264hz?
The limit might be a little under 140 kHz, or the monitor's firmware might not allow vertical refresh rates beyond a certain point. The specs list 50-160 Hz as the supported refresh rates.
ok. Thanks toasty. I suspected as much. There's no way to bypass firmware is it?
(11-27-2014 07:33 PM)badugi Wrote: [ -> ]ok. Thanks toasty. I suspected as much. There's no way to bypass firmware is it?
No.
Reference URL's