Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: Fuzzy text and bad textures on monitor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, consider this a desperate call

I have Haier TV 42" 3d monitor, when I connect my PC to it with HDMI cable, and after using custom resolution utility (my method is to delete all default resolutions, then restart the system) after this everything works perfect and i can achieve 1080FHD picture clear and sharp,
but when I connect apple tv or playstation 4 to the monitor the quality looks very poor and text and textures look fuzzy not sharp, i tried every possible option i have on both sides the monitor (Haier TV) and the source (ATV or PS4) but no use, and when i connect those sources into a another monitor (low coast cheap made monitor) i have super image quality on it.
anyone is having the same problem? any one can advice, and solve this issue

above mentioned gadgets:
Main monitor Haier model: LE42H320P
Apple TV 3rd Gen
Playstation 4 : CUH-1116A
Secondary monitor Elekta model ELED-2403
If you've already tried all the options on the TV and the source, I don't know what else you can do. If the TV will let you rename the inputs, see if renaming the HDMI input to "PC" makes any difference.
rename ? i dont understand this, can u expand on this ?
and to be more clear about my question, is there any way to over ride ps4 and apple tv resolution like the CRU do in PC ?
(12-13-2014 10:21 PM)itum26 Wrote: [ -> ]rename ? i dont understand this, can u expand on this ?
Some TVs have the option to rename the inputs, and sometimes changing the name to "PC" or "Game" can change the way the TV handles the picture. I don't know if Haier TVs have that option.

(12-13-2014 10:21 PM)itum26 Wrote: [ -> ]and to be more clear about my question, is there any way to over ride ps4 and apple tv resolution like the CRU do in PC ?
No. They should be using industry-standard resolutions. This is more of a TV problem.
Reference URL's