Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-04-2020 03:12 AM)Jack7v7 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm having issues with my Rx 570 8gb graphics card with the new software : 20.11.3 when it randomly crashes my screen with a blue screen error saying VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmdag.sys). I searched online and found amd/ati pixel clock patcher. When I tried to use this patcher it showed that HDMI-DVI limit in which it said "not found" but everything else was "already patched". After I patched it I restarted my pc and now the software still struggles with the issue I had before, randomly blue screen crashing and also showing (atikmdag.sys) error. How do I fix this?

amdcleanuputility x64
use this program to remove the GPU driver, and install the old version for example, 20.11.2, 20.11.1

then after installing the old version of the driver, patch the driver signature again and reboot.
(12-04-2020 10:53 AM)ecosgrab78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2020 03:12 AM)Jack7v7 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm having issues with my Rx 570 8gb graphics card with the new software : 20.11.3 when it randomly crashes my screen with a blue screen error saying VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmdag.sys). I searched online and found amd/ati pixel clock patcher. When I tried to use this patcher it showed that HDMI-DVI limit in which it said "not found" but everything else was "already patched". After I patched it I restarted my pc and now the software still struggles with the issue I had before, randomly blue screen crashing and also showing (atikmdag.sys) error. How do I fix this?

amdcleanuputility x64
use this program to remove the GPU driver, and install the old version for example, 20.11.2, 20.11.1

then after installing the old version of the driver, patch the driver signature again and reboot.

Thanks a lot for the reply and help. I did exactly what you told me to and it seemed to work fine but now while ingame the game crashes because of the radeon software crashing and then it says "The display driver has stopped working and recovered" or something like that. It does not do the blue screen error anymore so I can still use my pc but just crashes the game and software, the software is restarted so I can still open it after the crash. The radeon software just randomly crashes causing my pc to freeze with a black screen for a bit and also Pressing ALT + R ingame also freezes and crashes the game. However I have discovered that without manually downloading the Rx 570 drives, the drives are automatically downloaded to 17.1.1 and after using the patcher it works like a charm without any issues. Is there a way I can use 20.11.1 without the freezes and software crashes? Or should I stick to 17.1.1?
(12-04-2020 08:35 PM)Jack7v7 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot for the reply and help. I did exactly what you told me to and it seemed to work fine but now while ingame the game crashes because of the radeon software crashing and then it says "The display driver has stopped working and recovered" or something like that. It does not do the blue screen error anymore so I can still use my pc but just crashes the game and software, the software is restarted so I can still open it after the crash. The radeon software just randomly crashes causing my pc to freeze with a black screen for a bit and also Pressing ALT + R ingame also freezes and crashes the game. However I have discovered that without manually downloading the Rx 570 drives, the drives are automatically downloaded to 17.1.1 and after using the patcher it works like a charm without any issues. Is there a way I can use 20.11.1 without the freezes and software crashes? Or should I stick to 17.1.1?
Something is wrong with your card. The patcher isn't for fixing crashes. This sounds like a hardware problem.
(12-04-2020 08:35 PM)Jack7v7 Wrote: [ -> ]

amdcleanuputility x64

Thanks a lot for the reply and help. I did exactly what you told me to and it seemed to work fine but now while ingame the game crashes because of the radeon software crashing and then it says "The display driver has stopped working and recovered" or something like that. It does not do the blue screen error anymore so I can still use my pc but just crashes the game and software, the software is restarted so I can still open it after the crash. The radeon software just randomly crashes causing my pc to freeze with a black screen for a bit and also Pressing ALT + R ingame also freezes and crashes the game. However I have discovered that without manually downloading the Rx 570 drives, the drives are automatically downloaded to 17.1.1 and after using the patcher it works like a charm without any issues. Is there a way I can use 20.11.1 without the freezes and software crashes? Or should I stick to 17.1.1?

On the 5th day of work, very stable version 20.11.1
: D, so check the video card
for the presence of thermal paste
(thermal paste for the graphics chip of the video card processor)
and thermal pads, it needs to be changed every year.
(12-03-2020 01:52 PM)ToastyX Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2020 08:44 AM)ecosgrab78 Wrote: [ -> ]the patcher does not allow changing the update frequency, I rolled back the amd version to 20.11.1 everything works again.
Which update frequency? What are you using the patcher for?

oh sorry, i forgot to check the post, i use 144 hertz,
i am very comfortable to work,
but the patcher could not remove all limitations of amd adrenaline 20.11.3 version,

it did not work.
and i decided to install the old amd adrenaline 20.11.1 version.
Everything went well .
(12-06-2020 06:25 PM)ecosgrab78 Wrote: [ -> ]oh sorry, i forgot to check the post, i use 144 hertz,
but the patcher could not remove all limitations of amd adrenaline 20.11.3 version,
What monitor and GPU? Are you using HDMI or DVI? Any adapters?
(12-05-2020 04:14 AM)ToastyX Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2020 08:35 PM)Jack7v7 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot for the reply and help. I did exactly what you told me to and it seemed to work fine but now while ingame the game crashes because of the radeon software crashing and then it says "The display driver has stopped working and recovered" or something like that. It does not do the blue screen error anymore so I can still use my pc but just crashes the game and software, the software is restarted so I can still open it after the crash. The radeon software just randomly crashes causing my pc to freeze with a black screen for a bit and also Pressing ALT + R ingame also freezes and crashes the game. However I have discovered that without manually downloading the Rx 570 drives, the drives are automatically downloaded to 17.1.1 and after using the patcher it works like a charm without any issues. Is there a way I can use 20.11.1 without the freezes and software crashes? Or should I stick to 17.1.1?
Something is wrong with your card. The patcher isn't for fixing crashes. This sounds like a hardware problem.

That's what I thought but I think I found a solution just by updating my windows (Stupid of me for assuming my windows was the latest version). I'm using windows version 20H2 now and Amd Radeon software version 20.11.2, and I have experienced none of the problems I did before.

(12-06-2020 11:19 AM)ecosgrab78 Wrote: [ -> ]

amdcleanuputility x64

I was thinking about that but it didn't seem like a overheat issue since my gpu was always 40 degrees or below. Either way I have fixed my issue, thank you for the help. Smile
(12-06-2020 06:34 PM)ToastyX Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2020 06:25 PM)ecosgrab78 Wrote: [ -> ]oh sorry, i forgot to check the post, i use 144 hertz,

amd rx580 video card, cable!
dvi-d to HDMI (NOT ADAPTER)
monitor acer ED242QRA
144 hz

(12-06-2020 07:25 PM)Jack7v7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2020 04:14 AM)ToastyX Wrote: [ -> ]

That's what I thought but I think I found a solution just by updating my windows (Stupid of me for assuming my windows was the latest version). I'm using windows version 20H2 now and Amd Radeon software version 20.11.2, and I have experienced none of the problems I did before.

(12-06-2020 11:19 AM)ecosgrab78 Wrote: [ -> ]

amdcleanuputility x64

I was thinking about that but it didn't seem like a overheat issue since my gpu was always 40 degrees or below. Either way I have fixed my issue, thank you for the help. Smile

Smile very glad that you helped
(12-06-2020 06:34 PM)ToastyX Wrote: [ -> ]

amd rx580 video card, cable!
monitor acer ED242QRA
144 hz
(12-07-2020 02:08 PM)ecosgrab78 Wrote: [ -> ]amd rx580 video card, cable!
monitor acer ED242QRA
144 hz
Is that DVI on the computer's end and HDMI on the monitor's end? The cable is the same as an adapter. Why not use HDMI or DisplayPort?
Reference URL's