Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: Shuttle XP19 monitor, Intel HD Graphics (Bay Trail) - Custom resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have the following resolution problem, couldn't find a solution so far:

Graphics Card:
Intel HD Garphics (Bay Trail). According to Intel, it can do up to 1920x1080. Interestingly, whith the latest drivers, there is no tab in the Intel graphics management tool for Custom Resolution Settings. Also the CustomModeApp.exe doesn't start, according to Intel it shouldn't be available with the latest drivers anymore, therefore a tab should be available in the Intel graphics management tool, which isn't. According to some posts on the web, the tab is missing, because of a bug in the driver package.

Monitor:
Shuttle XP19, which according to specs has max. resolution of 1680x1050. Anyways, when I look into the adapter settings of my graphics card, I can choose a resolution of 1920x1080, which the monitor surprisingly does.

The Problem is:
When I choose 1920x1080, 30 Pixels are gone below the lower bound of the monitor. The menu of the monitor has only the option H-size, which allows to stretch or shrink the Screen in horizontal direction (left <-> right). There is no Option to stretch or shrink the screen in vertical direction (up <-> down), which would make the 30 pixels be seen too. There is an option V-position to move the screen in vertical direction, but that would at best result in missing 15 Pixel above the upper bound of the monitor and missing 15 pixels below the lower bound. Additionally everything is slightly stretched in V direction, round objects are not exactly round, but slightly stretched in V direction. In some post on the Web that stretching is explained, because 1680x1050 is 16:10, and 1920x1080 is 16:9.

A solution might be:
There must be a way to make a custom resolution of 1920x1050, but how. Or, to make the monitor shrink the screen in V direction, but if the monitor doesn't offer that a option V-size, and the Intel graphics management doesn't offer it too, how to fix the problem? Is there a software for stretching or shrinking a screen in V direction? Powerstrip and CRU weren't of help, unless I perhaps didn't use it correctly.

Cheers
Is 1680x1050 not available as an option? You shouldn't have to mess with custom resolutions to get the native resolution working. There's no way to fix that if you can't add custom resolutions. CRU won't work with Intel because the driver doesn't support EDID overrides.
Reference URL's