Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: Often resolution switch affect on monitors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i have a question which is not cleared up to today. Whoever thinks he can drop few words, then be my guest!

So....the question is, do u believe that ofter resolution switch get your monitors tired or weaken it in some way?

To be more specific, let's say for example your standard desktop resolution is A, where A is 1600x900...... but u often switch to resolution B, where B is 1280x960 to play games and then back to A again when u finish.

I usually prefer to keep my desktop resolution same in games too (it's not 1600x900), but some games do not behave well with that, but in anyway, i would like to clear this in my mind someday.
If this is an LCD monitor, the panel always gets the native resolution. The scaler handles other resolutions, so the panel is not affected by resolution changes.
(03-27-2015 01:25 PM)ToastyX Wrote: [ -> ]If this is an LCD monitor, the panel always gets the native resolution. The scaler handles other resolutions, so the panel is not affected by resolution changes.

Well, ty for bothering to give me an explanation, so if i understood correctly from your answer, monitor does not get affected badly from often resolution changes. Undecided
Reference URL's