Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: Benq XL2411Z only runs @144Hz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello guys

im trying to use VT trick on my Benq XL2411Z but i must be doing something wrong.
whats happening is that if i start a game in windows mode i get the VT trick, but if i go full screen i get 144Hz...
what am i doing wrong?
What GPU? How are you implementing the VT trick?
(04-14-2015 09:16 PM)ToastyX Wrote: [ -> ]What GPU? How are you implementing the VT trick?

hello mate.
i have an i7 with gtx 970.
i used new nvidia driver, but the same happened with 348.xx
i used pixel patch, changed icc profile, blur buster utility and the created a custom resolution VT 1350.
Check the NVIDIA control panel under "Manage 3D settings" and make sure "Preferred refresh rate" is set to "Application controlled" and not "Highest available" for the monitor.

Did you use the NVIDIA control panel or CRU to create the custom resolution? You shouldn't need the patch with the NVIDIA control panel.
hello mate

i used cru now and worked! my refresh rate was set to highest avaliable.
everything is almost perfect now...
the only thing that isnt good is the ghosting. i play fifa and dayz mostly and i can see i little ghosting in the image. any way to fix this?
anyone plz? my image is like this [Image: http://i7.minus.com/jrssDMcQtUuR4.jpg]
Isn't the VT trick supposed to help with that? Maybe try using LightBoost instead. You'll have to unlock LightBoost using one of the alternative methods: http://www.blurbusters.com/zero-motion-blur/lightboost/
That overshoot ghosting can only be lowered by updating to version 4 firmware (it is linked on blur busters' forums; you can update via Linux usually) and using an AMA high toggle where you set AMA to high after (instead of before) enabling blur reduction. It will reduce the overshoot, and the improvement is larger at lower refresh rates (like 60-75-85 hz) than at 100/120 or 144.
Reference URL's