Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: Korean 7680 x 1440; can't go higher than 60Hz.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 3 1440p Korean monitors. One Yamakasi, and to Shimian's. I have 2 R9 290s in crossfire. I use Windows 8.1. I've been using a mild overclock on the monitors of 65Hz with the 14.4 drivers for a while now. After the 14.4 drivers, AMD changed the way eyefinity is setup, and added that mixed resolution mode. The problem I'm having is this; I use Toasty's CRU utility to apply my mild overclock to each monitor, and then enable eyefnity. I can do it by applying the overclock before or after I make the eyefinity group. If I try any driver after the 14.4's, I only see one monitor in the CRU utility; the Win+P shortcut doesn't work; and I can't get my 65Hz anymore. Last driver I've tried is 15.4 betas. I'm able to see all three monitors even in the device manager with the 14.4's; but when I enable eyefinity with the newer drivers, there's only one monitor shown in the device manager. I'm hoping someone has a simple fix for me.
You're supposed to create the custom resolutions for each monitor before enabling Eyefinity. Is that not working with the newer drivers?
It works ToastyX; but after I restart, it doesn't keep the 65Hz. It goes back to 60Hz. I read through your forum, and saw u mention the restart file, what it does and reason why you made it. I tried it but still same problem. So after digging around and around, here's what I'm doing for the time being. When I boot up the pc, or restart; I disable the eyefinity, and then re-enable it. I've already taken out all other entries from the CRU program. So when I disable, the monitors go to 65Hz. Upon re-enabling, the eyefinity group then stays at the 65Hz till I shutdown, or restart.

Hope this gives you more information to work with, or helps someone else with the said problem.
This seems like a driver bug that needs to be reported to AMD.

I might be able to write a program to disable and enable Eyefinity automatically. Does CRU show any "(active)" monitors after re-enabling Eyefinity?

I'm also curious, does toggling GPU scaling after rebooting have the same effect?
I've tried the GPU scaling, and no. It doesn't work. Only disable and enable works. Yes CRU shows only one active monitor when eyefinity is enabled. Disabled it shows three (3). Before with 14.4 and older, it would show three (3) active monitors.
Reference URL's