Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: Need help with BenQ GW2255 cru
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'am totally new to this forum and I have no idea about monitors.so bear with me.I tried custom resolution utility and was able to overclock monitor to 85 hz, but the resolution is not 1920x1080.And everything looks small and blurred(Like every is clogged).While at 60hz everything looks normal.Is it common or just me.There is problem with csgo at 85 hz.The resolution is small and with black bars on all sides.Btw I have a gigabyte gtx 660 and fx 6300 if they matter.
If you add 1920x1080 @ 85 Hz and the monitor supported it, it should look normal. Are you using DVI? Did you patch the driver? The patch is needed for single-link DVI monitors to work properly beyond 165 MHz pixel clock.
(06-24-2015 03:05 AM)ToastyX Wrote: [ -> ]If you add 1920x1080 @ 85 Hz and the monitor supported it, it should look normal. Are you using DVI? Did you patch the driver? The patch is needed for single-link DVI monitors to work properly beyond 165 MHz pixel clock.

No i'am using vga port on my monitor.DVI(GPU) to VGA(monitor) with a converter at gpu end.Yeah i did patch using pixel patcher.
Thank's for reply.
VGA doesn't need the patch. The monitor might not be able to handle 85 Hz properly. You might have better luck with 75 Hz. Does the monitor have DVI? You might have different results with DVI.
Reference URL's