Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: AOC q2963pm overclock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an AOC q2963pm screen and I'm trying to overclock it to a higher frame rate, and I've installed CRU as well as patch the pixel clock limiters and its still not working right for some reason. The framerates appear in CCC as well as in the calibration menu of the monitor itself, but blurbuster UFO only counts 60fps when every other sign tells me its running at 75!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm using the AMD R9 290 with latest drivers on Windows 10.

[Image: ly9t8MV.png]
(08-06-2015 12:09 PM)lulz119 Wrote: [ -> ]I have an AOC q2963pm screen and I'm trying to overclock it to a higher frame rate, and I've installed CRU as well as patch the pixel clock limiters and its still not working right for some reason. The framerates appear in CCC as well as in the calibration menu of the monitor itself, but blurbuster UFO only counts 60fps when every other sign tells me its running at 75!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm using the AMD R9 290 with latest drivers on Windows 10.
If you're able to select 75 Hz in Windows and the monitor reports 75 Hz, then the refresh rate is set correctly. If the UFO test is reporting the wrong refresh rate, then that is a frame rate issue with the browser. I can't think of many things that would cause that to happen with Windows 10 and a single monitor. Make sure hardware acceleration is enabled in the browser. If you ran restart.exe while the browser was running, make sure to restart the browser before loading the UFO test. Other than that, it should work correctly (with Chrome at least).

You also shouldn't need the patch unless you're trying to exceed 330 MHz pixel clock because 2560x1080 monitors support dual-link DVI, and the patch has no effect if you're using DisplayPort.
Reference URL's