Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: Which QNIX 2710 Variant?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if this has been asked before but is the particular Qnix 2710 OC'able? Also it mentions virtual 4k support and not sure what that means.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...4JH1GY6260
It's right at my max budget so wasn't sure if its the best option for me?
Also should I have any troubles playing with this monitor on a 3930K @4ghz with a OC's 980ti, 32gb ram ssd's etc.
I've been wanting to enter the 1440p realm for a while but not sure if sacrificing ultra settings to go 1440p to stay above 60fps.

This is the list of QNIX on newegg I have to choose from, 300$ is the limit for me. If OC'ing isn't super important due to increased needed hardware performance. Then what would be recommended for a 1440?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis...ageSize=90

Thanks in advance!
The multi-input version is not overclockable. Only the single-input version with dual-link DVI is overclockable.

Higher refresh rates can reduce visible tearing even if the frame rate is lower. You can also use vsync at half the refresh rate, so 96 Hz can do vsync at 48 FPS instead of 30 FPS with 60 Hz.
Thank you for your reply, I'm sure you get a lot of people like me asking similar things. So the real advantage of overclocking is if you are a vsync users and want a smoother experience. I never use vsync on any game/application mainly due to the input lag but I guess that's due to 60hz being stuck at 30hz. For instance fallout 4 has horrendous input lag so disabling it as usual clears this up but I've set the FPS cap to 105 and get no tearing as per normal at least in my experiences gaming however I do notice what I think might be frame skipping here and there but not sure.

So if you had 300$ to drop on your first and most likely last 1440p would would be your personal recommendation for a heavy gamer as well as for casual autodesk cad programs? I don't crave perfection as I would be most likely investing into a 900$ monitor to match my computer specs which is out of the question at least for a few more years. I just want to be able to finally experience something beyond 1080p and still not impact FPS games in terms of ghosting/blurring.
I managed to snag a QNIX 2710 from newegg for $200 recently. Here are my findings.

I cannot go back to 60Hz. Currently I'm at 110Hz(for several reasons). The added frames massively improve smoothness even on the desktop. I'm running GNOME on Linux which has flashier animations. They stutter at 60Hz but are shockingly smooth at my current frame rate.

You should consider using a color profile. Several ways to do this on Windows. Higher refresh rates decrease brigthness so you need a color profile to compensate for that. Otherwise you can get gradient artifacts.

I have a 750 Ti, use no VSync, and cannot max any of my games. But whatever. The desktop smoothness is worth it.

The added screen space is massive. It takes a while to get used to it but once you do, it's hard to go back.

If you overclock to 120Hz, expect your GPU to not clock down resulting in 30-40 more watts at idle. Nothing can be done really. Maybe nvidia's new drivers will help. Somehow I doubt it though.
(11-22-2015 06:15 AM)Mangix Wrote: [ -> ]I managed to snag a QNIX 2710 from newegg for $200 recently. Here are my findings.

I cannot go back to 60Hz. Currently I'm at 110Hz(for several reasons). The added frames massively improve smoothness even on the desktop. I'm running GNOME on Linux which has flashier animations. They stutter at 60Hz but are shockingly smooth at my current frame rate.

You should consider using a color profile. Several ways to do this on Windows. Higher refresh rates decrease brigthness so you need a color profile to compensate for that. Otherwise you can get gradient artifacts.

I have a 750 Ti, use no VSync, and cannot max any of my games. But whatever. The desktop smoothness is worth it.

The added screen space is massive. It takes a while to get used to it but once you do, it's hard to go back.

If you overclock to 120Hz, expect your GPU to not clock down resulting in 30-40 more watts at idle. Nothing can be done really. Maybe nvidia's new drivers will help. Somehow I doubt it though.

Nice that sounds very appealing indeed! What one did you grab so I can safely assume is the correct choice for my budget on a 2710 variant, however not so sure about the off-panel(?) rated ones? I plan on in the next few years as the 980 ti prices drop to go sli for the bit more horsepower. The box I have already eats a ton of power so some extra is ok.
So is it only the QNIX QX2710 Evolution II that is overclockable? So I'm assuming this one?: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...90V3FH4078
This is the glossy not matte one which I hear glassy has better colors and I'm in a room with no glare issues anyways. Also let's say I got that monitor and decided to leave it at 60hz, will it be uncomfortable to play on motion wise?
you'd have to try it out. motion blur will be reduced though. check this out: http://www.blurbusters.com/faq/60vs120vslb/
I see, I have no where to actually try one of these "off" brand 1440p monitors. I'm not sure if Fry's Electronics will have any for demo usage. I've always had CRT monitors when I was a teenager (28 now) gaming, from there I moved directly to two ASUS MT276HE Black 27" 1080p monitors as soon as I could afford it. You can see their specs here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6824236080

SO I guess the question is should I risk it on the 1440p QNIX which once I get it there is no I can send it back if I don't like it. However, if it was really that bad of an experience I could use it for a media/secondary monitor.
Reference URL's