Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: Windows 10 Monitor Overclocking not working!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so i had windows 7 before, but my hard drives were getting clogged, so i went to windows 10 (since i lost my motherboard cd i didnt wanna go through the whole process of live chatting a supporter... yes im stupid) and when i went to overclock my monitor to 70hz, i noticed that it was 173mhz clock, but my monitor is 170mhz clock. So i ignored that, i restarted my computer, and when it loaded up and i changed it, it was all fuzzy. Same goes for 68hz, which is i believe 168mhz, but its under 170. KEEP IN MIND! It worked for me on windows 7. I have installed monitor drivers, but not apu drivers (probably have with amd catalyst and windows 10). Please help! i really want 70hz as it was nice and im used to it to go back
You're not taking into account the 165 MHz pixel clock limit for single-link DVI. I assume you're talking about a 1920x1080 monitor because of the pixel clocks. 1920x1080 60 Hz monitors normally only support single-link DVI, but the video card sends a dual-link DVI signal beyond 165 MHz, so the monitor only gets half the pixels, which causes the fuzzy image.

You probably used the "LCD standard" timing option before, which would keep the pixel clock under 165 MHz for 70 Hz. If you try the "LCD reduced" timing option, you might be able to get 75 Hz, or you can patch the driver to send a single-link DVI signal up to 230 MHz: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa...ck-Patcher
Thank you so much! It worked! haha! Have a nice day m8! Got it to 80hz, but it popped up on my monitor not optimum mode. Oh well! 75hz will do! Big Grin
Reference URL's