Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: 75Hz @1920x1080
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody, new in the forums.

So I've been trying to overclock my monitor (Samsung t23b350) and failing. But i noticed that on a lower resolution i CAN use 75Hz. So my question is: If i can go 75Hz at a lower resolution shouldn't i be able to do it on all resolutions? I've tried the NVIDIA patcher, rebooting and then using CRU add a 1920x1080 resolution (default) with a clock of 75Hz (I even tried 61) but it didin't work. Am i missing something, or my monitor is not capable of overclocking?
(11-04-2016 06:20 PM)dmnyks Wrote: [ -> ]So I've been trying to overclock my monitor (Samsung t23b350) and failing. But i noticed that on a lower resolution i CAN use 75Hz. So my question is: If i can go 75Hz at a lower resolution shouldn't i be able to do it on all resolutions?
Not necessarily. Are you sure it can do 75 Hz at lower resolutions? That monitor has inputs normally only found on TVs. Monitors like that usually have scalers that skip frames beyond 60 Hz. This should be noticeable just by moving the mouse cursor, or you can use this test with a camera: http://testufo.com/#test=frameskipping
There are options to change the lower resoliution with 75Hz and it works, it's just that the image has low quality.

1920x1080 runs at 60 fps/Hz. Pixels per frame, sec are 0.
1280x1024 changed at 75Hz runs at 75fps/Hz. Pixels per frame,sec are also 0.
Even 1680x1050 resolution at 75Hz gave the same results as the 1280x1024.
These are the results from the testufo web you provided.

EDIT: I took some photos of my camera and some of the photos have the little tabs near each other and some have gaps between them.

Also on 75Hz i can tell that some games run smoother but for example counter strike was not running smoothly at all. The whole game looks delayed and tingly.

EDIT2: "So I was playing some Counter-Strike at 1024x768 / 75 hz and something looked disturbingly wrong. I couldn't tell what it was, but the display did not feel very smooth, even though I was getting constant 75 FPS with v-sync on.

That's when I decided to create this thing. Much to my surprise, I was able to find out my monitor WAS NOT displaying all 75 frames when displaying a 75 hz input. It was only displaying 60 of those 75 frames, and dropping the rest. This created very jerky animation and was causing me headache. Now I know for a fact it can only display 60 hz inputs properly." That's exactly the problem im having i guess, even though the website shows that i have 75fps when running at 75Hz.
Reference URL's