Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: Custom Resolution for LG monitor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to find the correct custom resolution for my LG 4k monitor. I a using a AMD m6000 video card. Was working at 3840x2160 but had to reload windows and lost the settings. I tried serval settings but I get a screen that is to large (no task bar) and fuzzy. I confirmed that in windows display the setting for enlarging text/apps is set at 100%.

Suggestions please
I'm not sure what you're asking. What resolution/refresh rate were you trying to add? Are you using HDMI or DisplayPort? Generally 3840x2160 should work out of the box unless the GPU doesn't support the required version of HDMI or DisplayPort. For HDMI, you might need the pixel clock patch if it's an older GPU, but I haven't tested it with FirePro GPUs: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa...ck-Patcher
I am using display port on a dell precision m6700 with amd 6000 video card. I had things working but windows got corrupted and I lost my settings. I am trying to use a custom resolution but it comes back way to large and I get no task bar. Here are the settings I am trying to use

horizontal timing
total 4000
display 3840
front porch 48
sync width 32
polarity negative

vertical timing
total 2191
display 2160
front porch 3
synch width 5
negative

refresh rate 30hz

Should I be trying some much different numbers.
The first problem is why do you have it set to interlaced? It should be progressive. That might be the problem. If not, you probably need the CEA-861 timing standard, but AMD's custom resolution dialog doesn't have that as an option. CRU will show the correct values with the "LCD standard" and "LCD native" timing options.

[attachment=248]
I sent attachments of what I get when I use your tool. Before image, then I delete the current stuff and add just the standard last image and then I try a restart64 and My 4k monitor does not work. I am missing something important..
You said you are using DisplayPort, but the monitor is reporting HDMI 2.0. Are you using an adapter? Is it an active or passive adapter? If it's passive, you need the driver patch to exceed 165 MHz pixel clock. Normally you shouldn't have to add 3840x2160 @ 30 Hz because most UHD TVs already define it, often in the extension block. You can also try putting the same numbers in AMD's custom resolution dialog instead of CRU and see if that makes a difference.
It is a active adaptor and I tried putting in numbers in amd and no luck.. This exact hardware combo was working great at 4k before Windows got corrupted and had to reload it so I know it is software.
I tried putting them in AMD and also get same results of no display on that monitor. Seems like I only get display if I use interlace.
What driver version are you using? What monitor is this?
Reference URL's