Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: hdmi pixel clock out of range
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently have an Asus VZ239H monitor connected thru hdmi and I am getting out of range.

I am trying to get 1920x1080 at 72hz, which shows up as 167.29mhz on CRU. I have the pixel clock patch so shouldn't my max now be 350mhz? Is my monitor just not capable?

Also is there a pixel clock fix for using my intel igpu instead of my discrete nvidia card?
If this is a laptop with switchable graphics, the NVIDIA pixel clock patch will have no effect because the Intel GPU handles the monitors. I don't have a patch for Intel, but generally you shouldn't need the patch with HDMI anyway if you have the HDMI support data block in the extension block. Try the "LCD reduced" timing option. That works with many monitors and stays under 165 MHz for 1920x1080 @ 72-76 Hz. Most 1920x1080 monitors are limited to 72-77 Hz anyway.
This is a desktop. I was just trying out the intel igpu because there seems to be an issue w/ dual monitors on windows 10 if running 144hz and 60hz together. I got the "LCD Reduced" timing option to work because the pixel clock stays under 165mhz. I was just wondering why I can't push past that. Is there something i need to do in the extension block slot.
If the refresh rate is available in the Windows display settings but the monitor won't display it, then it's probably a monitor limitation. If it were a driver limitation, it wouldn't be available at all.

CRU can't read the default extension block with Intel GPUs, but it should be listed in the extension block list. I don't know if Intel's driver supports default extension blocks. If it does, you shouldn't need to do anything. If not, all you need is a CEA-861 extension block with an HDMI support data block, or import this file: hdmi.dat
Ok thanks a lot, prob a monitor limitation
Reference URL's