Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: Please Help All Master on this forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a notebook msi ge62vr 6rf with gtx 1060 graphic card so I want to play 4k on my tv samsung 40KU6000, I know my graphic card can't play smooth on 4k so I decided to upscale my resolution using cru, now the problem is everytime I want to play on my custom resolution 3200x1800 the colour of screen look so weird

[Image: 20170614_130031.jpg]

my tv has a 3 hdmi port
1 hdmi/dvi 4k 60p
1 hdmi 4k 30p
1 hdmi 4k 30p

the problem always appear when I'm using 1 hdmi/dvi 4k 60p port, the other hdmi port no problem with my custom resolution, I'm using first hdmi port because its support HDR, please help master

I have buy 3 different hdmi cable because I think the problem was the hdmi cable version,but it didn't workSad
You need to use GPU scaling if the TV can't scale the resolution correctly.
(06-14-2017 07:31 AM)ToastyX Wrote: [ -> ]You need to use GPU scaling if the TV can't scale the resolution correctly.

can you teach me how to do that please?

I just setting the resolution & upscale on nvidia control panel based on this digital foundry video https://youtu.be/wSpHONwyBqg
It's in the video where he sets "Perform scaling on" to "GPU" in the NVIDIA control panel. If you did that part, then I don't know why you're getting weird colors with the custom resolution.
(06-14-2017 08:07 AM)ToastyX Wrote: [ -> ]It's in the video where he sets "Perform scaling on" to "GPU" in the NVIDIA control panel. If you did that part, then I don't know why you're getting weird colors with the custom resolution.

yeah I have set perform scaling on GPU like the video, this method work fine on hdmi port 2 & 3 4k 30p, but when I change it to port 1 hdmi/dvi 4k 60p it the colour is become so weird if I change resolution below 3840x2160 ,

* I want to using port 1 hdmi/dvi because its support HDR & animation look more smooth

please help me if you know what's the problem Sad Sad
Reference URL's