Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: Custom refresh rate on TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all. I would like help for the following situation . I have the Samsung KS7000 Tv . Can i add and how a custom refresh rate of 40 hz or 45 hz with 4K resolution ? The Tv currently gives me refresh rates of 60 , 50 , 30 and 24 . I would like to know if it is possible because in gaming i can't achieve a locked vsynced 60 fps - hz situation but a 45 or 40 hz is in my reach .
In my experience, nVidia's FastSync does a wonderful job when the fps fluctuates between roughly 30-60 and the display runs in 2160p60. It's obviously not as smooth as quasi-fix 60@60 (especially 60@60 with standard Vsync) but feels smoother because it has no lag spikes. In this range, it does pretty much the same thing Vsync would do but with a lower average and smoother lag (it doubles the last frame when necessary or puts out the fresh one if available).
I never tried that one but I guess Enhanced Sync on the AMD side is somewhat similar (not entirely though, I think).
Reference URL's