Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: CRU & New AMD drivers Override not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I use CRU to add low resolutions in an Arcadecab with a R9 290X connected via DP to VGA active adapter to a Tri-Sync Arcade Monitor. I'm on Win10 X64 1709

It was working very well and i was able to add many custom resolution.

But after the 17.4.1 Radeon software version, the override just didn't apply......
If i open CRU, the custom modes are present, but i can't select them with quickres (it just allow me standard resolutions).

Latest drivers working are the 17.4.1. I've tested ALL versions after this one and they all failed. Generic Microsoft driver works with CRU and i can use custom resolutions (version 22/05/2017 )

I don't know what happened because i don't see other people complaining about this elsewhere.

Perhaps a modification in the monitor detection with DP in drivers after 17.4.1??

Have you ever known this problem?

Thanks
Well, after searching a bit, i think the 17.4.1 is the latest version using old WDDM (2.1 ?)

17.4.2 supports creators update so it's WDDM 2.2
Recents drivers 17.9 or superior supports fall update so it's WDDM 2.3

Does someone have the same problem or am i the only one with R9 290X and problems?

Which difference in monitor detection on the different WDDM versions ?
Reference URL's