Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: Noob here: Can I tweak my system you think?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Just found this forum and topic, it is very exciting to read about all of these deep tech stuff. Smile

So first question:
IF I'm using DisplayPort with RTX 2080 could/should I use the PixelClock Patcher? Would that give me some advantage/speed up?

Second: Could I tweak my PG348Q Asus monitor from 100Hz to be faster with tweaking the speed of the pixel clock? Or on Display Port this wouldn't do anything?

Thanks in advance.
The patcher is mainly for DVI and HDMI. It does nothing for DisplayPort. The pixel clock is simply the number of pixels per second, which would depend on the resolution and refresh rate. The patcher does not provide any performance benefits by itself. It only increases certain pixel clock limits so you can add custom resolutions and refresh rates beyond what the driver normally allows. G-SYNC monitors generally don't support custom refresh rates, so I don't think you could get more than 100 Hz. You can try adding a custom resolution using the NVIDIA control panel.
(02-21-2019 02:36 PM)ToastyX Wrote: [ -> ]The patcher is mainly for DVI and HDMI. It does nothing for DisplayPort. The pixel clock is simply the number of pixels per second, which would depend on the resolution and refresh rate. The patcher does not provide any performance benefits by itself. It only increases certain pixel clock limits so you can add custom resolutions and refresh rates beyond what the driver normally allows. G-SYNC monitors generally don't support custom refresh rates, so I don't think you could get more than 100 Hz. You can try adding a custom resolution using the NVIDIA control panel.

Thank you for the reply! I thought as much -displayport- won't get faster.
I'm still thinking about trying it just for the sake of it. Smile
Thanks again!
Reference URL's