Monitor Tests Forum

Full Version: Streight resolution 4:3 on laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I have msi gs 65 laptop with nvidia 1070 max-q. In nvidia control settings i dont have menu to set resolution to streight. Someone help, how to fix this problem.
If the laptop has switchable graphics, scaling options would be in Intel's control panel.
As ToastyX has suggested if the monitor's graphics is switchable then switch it and try to change resolution

Quick Edit: I researched around and found that If your monitor supports USB type C like these monitors https://appuals.com/best-usb-type-c-monitors/ I had a similar problem few months back and I had to get a USB c monitor to get the right scaling, because usually some monitors require maxed out bandwidth to send signals properly to your device. Also @ toasty, He has a MAX-Q laptop, which is solely from Nvidia and is a dedicated GPU, why would he look in intel settings when he's getting an output from a dedicated Nvidia GPU? Kinda confused about your comment.
Reference URL's