Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
05-09-2020, 12:07 PM (Last edited: 05-09-2020, 01:23 PM by vihak)
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
I've Xstar DP2710 and I've used it for many years with CRU but now it doesn't work... I'm using two monitors and my 2nd monitor says "no signal" and Xstar's refresh rate doesn't go above 64 for some reason. I tried launching CRU and set the refresh rate back to 96 but after restarting my PC it opens my 2nd monitor and Xstar stays black. I'm using GTX 1070 if that matters. I also ran pixel clock patcher before restarting but it doesn't work. I wish someone can help, this is so annoying.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2020, 01:46 PM
(05-09-2020 12:07 PM)vihak Wrote:  I've Xstar DP2710 and I've used it for many years with CRU but now it doesn't work... I'm using two monitors and my 2nd monitor says "no signal" and Xstar's refresh rate doesn't go above 64 for some reason. I tried launching CRU and set the refresh rate back to 96 but after restarting my PC it opens my 2nd monitor and Xstar stays black. I'm using GTX 1070 if that matters. I also ran pixel clock patcher before restarting but it doesn't work. I wish someone can help, this is so annoying.
64 Hz doesn't make sense unless the NVIDIA driver is not installed. Is the NVIDIA control panel available after patching the driver? Are you using a dual-link DVI port?
05-09-2020, 01:57 PM
(05-09-2020 01:46 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(05-09-2020 12:07 PM)vihak Wrote:  I've Xstar DP2710 and I've used it for many years with CRU but now it doesn't work... I'm using two monitors and my 2nd monitor says "no signal" and Xstar's refresh rate doesn't go above 64 for some reason. I tried launching CRU and set the refresh rate back to 96 but after restarting my PC it opens my 2nd monitor and Xstar stays black. I'm using GTX 1070 if that matters. I also ran pixel clock patcher before restarting but it doesn't work. I wish someone can help, this is so annoying.
64 Hz doesn't make sense unless the NVIDIA driver is not installed. Is the NVIDIA control panel available after patching the driver? Are you using a dual-link DVI port?

Nvidia control panel isn't available, when I tried to download it from Microsoft store it said "Application isn't compatible" or something like that. Yes, I'm using dual-link DVI. This is very weird, last time it didn't work I just ran the clock patcher again and it worked. Thanks for quick reply btw!
05-09-2020, 02:18 PM
(05-09-2020 01:57 PM)vihak Wrote:  Nvidia control panel isn't available, when I tried to download it from Microsoft store it said "Application isn't compatible" or something like that. Yes, I'm using dual-link DVI. This is very weird, last time it didn't work I just ran the clock patcher again and it worked. Thanks for quick reply btw!
You shouldn't have to download the NVIDIA control panel. Is the NVIDIA driver installed? Is the control panel available after unpatching the driver? Do you have Valorant installed?
05-09-2020, 02:29 PM (Last edited: 05-09-2020, 02:48 PM by vihak)
(05-09-2020 02:18 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(05-09-2020 01:57 PM)vihak Wrote:  Nvidia control panel isn't available, when I tried to download it from Microsoft store it said "Application isn't compatible" or something like that. Yes, I'm using dual-link DVI. This is very weird, last time it didn't work I just ran the clock patcher again and it worked. Thanks for quick reply btw!
You shouldn't have to download the NVIDIA control panel. Is the NVIDIA driver installed? Is the control panel available after unpatching the driver? Do you have Valorant installed?

I installed Valorant yesterday but I uninstalled it a few hours ago. I just installed the latest drivers from Nvidia's website and now both of my monitors show up but my main monitor is only @60hz and I still can't open Nvidia control panel. I'll try to overclock it now, hope it works..
Edit. I ran the pixel clock patcher and set refresh rate to 96hz and it happened again. Main monitor is locked @ 64hz and my pc doesn't detect the 2nd monitor.
Edit 2. I uninstalled the latest Nvidia driver and now I have access to the Nvidia control panel (??) and I could overclock it from there... Thanks for the help!
05-09-2020, 05:12 PM
Is there any way to enable FreeSync on a Nvidia GPU with a FreeSync monitor that has only 2 HDMI 1.4 ports?
05-09-2020, 07:45 PM
(05-09-2020 05:12 PM)flamingo88 Wrote:  Is there any way to enable FreeSync on a Nvidia GPU with a FreeSync monitor that has only 2 HDMI 1.4 ports?
No.
05-11-2020, 05:39 AM
Hello, ToastyX. First of all, wonderful tool, I love seeing the positive results of everybody who has achieved through your software. I am also surprised you regularly reply in the thread.
I have the following question: I have a laptop with intel gpu and nvidia dedicated gpu w/ an i7-6700HQ. In Intel's website I see there's a newer version 27.20.100.8190 of the drivers. Do I have to rollback to 15.45.31.5127 to properly use your program?
05-11-2020, 06:19 AM
Thank you for share.
05-11-2020, 10:23 AM
(05-11-2020 05:39 AM)SoulB Wrote:  Hello, ToastyX. First of all, wonderful tool, I love seeing the positive results of everybody who has achieved through your software. I am also surprised you regularly reply in the thread.
I have the following question: I have a laptop with intel gpu and nvidia dedicated gpu w/ an i7-6700HQ. In Intel's website I see there's a newer version 27.20.100.8190 of the drivers. Do I have to rollback to 15.45.31.5127 to properly use your program?
You should be able to use the latest drivers.