Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
10-04-2013, 01:32 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(10-03-2013 02:06 PM)stonzWhat Wrote:  Thanks for your quick response. No luck with those numbers. I also tried 96hz with total pixels @ 2720*1481 386.72mhz pixel clock but the GPU still stays at max mhz. If i flick back to 60hz the GPU drops down to almost nothing. If i remember correctly, NVIDIA driver 326.80 were the last drivers that were able to idle down. I will have to give the older drivers a test in a little while. I used to have it set at 404mhz pixel clock and it worked. Maybe something changed in the drivers?

EDIT: Same thing with the 326.80 drivers. hmmm.. It's set at 100hz with 396mhz pixel clock. If I select 60hz the GPU idles down immediately.
I don't know. It works for me with 331.40. Do you have a second monitor connected? That would prevent it from clocking down.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2013, 02:37 AM (Last edited: 10-04-2013, 02:41 AM by stonzWhat)
(10-04-2013 01:32 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  I don't know. It works for me with 331.40. Do you have a second monitor connected? That would prevent it from clocking down.

No, just the one X-Star connected. Nothing else starts at boot except for EVGA precision, dropbox and googleupdate. I was thinking it could be a setting in the NVIDIA control panel but I restored everything to default and same thing, plus it idles down at 60hz so I don't think its a setting.. I'll keep trying to figure it out and post back if I find the problem. If not I'll just wait for official Windows 8.1 and reformat in a couple weeks. Smile Thanks for your feedback again!
10-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Hello there, could you please help me?

I had my Qnix overclocked to 120Mhz and decided to update my nvidia driver. Problem is my pc is constantly freezing now...what can I do to stop it?

Thanks
10-06-2013, 11:27 AM
I installed Windows 8 and I have an interesting problem. If I shut down the PC and turn it on, the new refresh rate doesn't appear or work. But if I restart, it works. So for CRU to work I need to restart my computer every time I boot up. Maybe someone already had this problem, but I'm too lazy to check every post, so if there's a fix, I'd like to know.
10-06-2013, 07:19 PM
(10-06-2013 11:27 AM)Zinkon Wrote:  I installed Windows 8 and I have an interesting problem. If I shut down the PC and turn it on, the new refresh rate doesn't appear or work. But if I restart, it works. So for CRU to work I need to restart my computer every time I boot up. Maybe someone already had this problem, but I'm too lazy to check every post, so if there's a fix, I'd like to know.
Fast boot in Windows 8 is basically like hibernation, while restarting bypasses that and does a full restart. For some reason, the driver is not reloading the override when resuming.

Disabling fast boot should work around the problem, but I don't know why you're having the problem in the first place. What video card do you have? What driver version? What monitor?
10-06-2013, 07:26 PM
(10-06-2013 10:21 AM)Badelhas Wrote:  I had my Qnix overclocked to 120Mhz and decided to update my nvidia driver. Problem is my pc is constantly freezing now...what can I do to stop it?
Is this with SLI? Did you use the full patch? It might not be working with the latest 331.40 beta yet. Check the NVIDIA patcher thread for updates.
10-06-2013, 08:16 PM (Last edited: 10-06-2013, 08:17 PM by Ilya)
LCD reduced settings will not save for some reason.
[Image: o3FkL8r.jpg]

after I click ok and go back it shows manual, not LCD reduced as I selected
[Image: V2izeK1.jpg]
10-06-2013, 08:28 PM (Last edited: 10-06-2013, 08:29 PM by Zinkon)
(10-06-2013 07:19 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Fast boot in Windows 8 is basically like hibernation, while restarting bypasses that and does a full restart. For some reason, the driver is not reloading the override when resuming.

Disabling fast boot should work around the problem, but I don't know why you're having the problem in the first place. What video card do you have? What driver version? What monitor?

Video card: ATI Radeon HD 4890
Catalyst version: 13.1
Monitor: Samsung T220

Fast boot seems like a very neat feature. It would be a shame to disable it, but oh well.
10-06-2013, 08:47 PM
(10-06-2013 08:16 PM)Ilya Wrote:  LCD reduced settings will not save for some reason.

after I click ok and go back it shows manual, not LCD reduced as I selected
The dialog always opens in manual mode. The timing options are for automatically filling in values. The values are the same in both screen shots.
10-06-2013, 09:05 PM
thank you
I'm just noticed that the values are actually changing and saving.