Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
01-12-2022, 04:35 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(01-11-2022 11:52 AM)bobalazs Wrote:  Since windows does not allow change of Pixel format, can i change the default format in CRU?
Monitor seems to default to YCbCR instead of RGB, which results in washed out colors.
You can change the pixel format in the GPU's control panel. You can use CRU to remove YCbCr completely so only RGB is used. For HDMI, edit the HDMI data blocks in the CTA-861 extension block. For DisplayPort, use the "Edit..." button at the top next to the monitor name, and some DisplayPort monitors also include the HDMI data block.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2022, 08:31 AM (Last edited: 01-12-2022, 08:48 AM by bobalazs)
(01-12-2022 04:35 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-11-2022 11:52 AM)bobalazs Wrote:  Since windows does not allow change of Pixel format, can i change the default format in CRU?
Monitor seems to default to YCbCR instead of RGB, which results in washed out colors.
You can change the pixel format in the GPU's control panel. You can use CRU to remove YCbCr completely so only RGB is used. For HDMI, edit the HDMI data blocks in the CTA-861 extension block. For DisplayPort, use the "Edit..." button at the top next to the monitor name, and some DisplayPort monitors also include the HDMI data block.

I thought i could. that's great.
I can't find exactly what i need to change/remove though. I don't want to mess it up. If I upload the file, can you help me with that please? https://www.mediafire.com/file/uoeknaeix...t.bin/file
I'd like to used a 1920x1080 resolution in RGB, instead of YCbCr.
Also does this option require that i have a driver installed? I mean i have to change this info everytime i change drivers? (when amd driver is used as a "minimal install", there is no setting to change the YCbCr to RGB, and that ugly ycbcr is used.)
01-12-2022, 04:04 PM
Hello, I've been using cru for a while without problems. But today when trying a new resolution for my 2nd monitor and clicking "ok" a pop-up shows and says something like "some settings didn't save" or it was something like that, I forget. Rebooted pc, all 2 monitors are active and fine. So I open CRU and it didn't detect my 2nd monitor only shows my first monitor. The 2nd monitor is active and I can change resolution and stuff. So then I try reset-all.exe but CRU still didn't detect my 2nd monitor.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
01-12-2022, 04:30 PM
(01-12-2022 04:04 PM)notJeff Wrote:  Hello, I've been using cru for a while without problems. But today when trying a new resolution for my 2nd monitor and clicking "ok" a pop-up shows and says something like "some settings didn't save" or it was something like that, I forget. Rebooted pc, all 2 monitors are active and fine. So I open CRU and it didn't detect my 2nd monitor only shows my first monitor. The 2nd monitor is active and I can change resolution and stuff. So then I try reset-all.exe but CRU still didn't detect my 2nd monitor.

There must be something in the registry that CRU couldn't process. Use RegEdit to export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\DISPLAY to a .reg file and upload it here so I can see if there's anything unusual.
01-12-2022, 04:38 PM
Toasty, can you please do anything about my request?
01-12-2022, 04:41 PM
(01-12-2022 08:31 AM)bobalazs Wrote:  I thought i could. that's great.
I can't find exactly what i need to change/remove though. I don't want to mess it up. If I upload the file, can you help me with that please? https://www.mediafire.com/file/uoeknaeix...t.bin/file
I'd like to used a 1920x1080 resolution in RGB, instead of YCbCr.
Also does this option require that i have a driver installed? I mean i have to change this info everytime i change drivers? (when amd driver is used as a "minimal install", there is no setting to change the YCbCr to RGB, and that ugly ycbcr is used.)

If you don't uninstall the driver before upgrading, then it will keep the current settings. If you do a clean install or use DDU, then you will have to import the changes again.

.bin  UMC0030.bin (Size: 256 bytes / Downloads: 152)
01-12-2022, 04:51 PM
(01-12-2022 04:30 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-12-2022 04:04 PM)notJeff Wrote:  Hello, I've been using cru for a while without problems. But today when trying a new resolution for my 2nd monitor and clicking "ok" a pop-up shows and says something like "some settings didn't save" or it was something like that, I forget. Rebooted pc, all 2 monitors are active and fine. So I open CRU and it didn't detect my 2nd monitor only shows my first monitor. The 2nd monitor is active and I can change resolution and stuff. So then I try reset-all.exe but CRU still didn't detect my 2nd monitor.

There must be something in the registry that CRU couldn't process. Use RegEdit to export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\DISPLAY to a .reg file and upload it here so I can see if there's anything unusual.
hope this is what you mean by export (the AUO61ED is my laptop display that is my first monitor im pretty sure, idk about the CGC...) https://www.mediafire.com/file/71jpptig2...y.reg/file
[Image: brCoXGp]
01-12-2022, 05:18 PM
(01-12-2022 04:51 PM)notJeff Wrote:  hope this is what you mean by export (the AUO61ED is my laptop display that is my first monitor im pretty sure, idk about the CGC...) https://www.mediafire.com/file/71jpptig2...y.reg/file
If the monitor is CGC0000, then it's missing the driver information. Try uninstalling the monitor in Device Manager and reboot.
01-12-2022, 05:20 PM
(01-12-2022 05:18 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-12-2022 04:51 PM)notJeff Wrote:  hope this is what you mean by export (the AUO61ED is my laptop display that is my first monitor im pretty sure, idk about the CGC...) https://www.mediafire.com/file/71jpptig2...y.reg/file
If the monitor is CGC0000, then it's missing the driver information. Try uninstalling the monitor in Device Manager and reboot.
umm.... device manager didn't detect it either
01-12-2022, 05:31 PM
(01-12-2022 05:20 PM)notJeff Wrote:  umm.... device manager didn't detect it either
In Device Manager, open the View Menu and enable "Show hidden devices." Then uninstall every monitor and reboot.