Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
01-06-2023, 03:38 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(01-04-2023 03:39 AM)micfiygd Wrote:  I have a GTX 1660 ti.

EDID Export:

I haven't reached out to Sonos support since other devices are getting 5.1 without any problems.
I don't see anything unusual that would prevent it from working, so I have no idea. The only thing I can suggest is since the graphics driver is responsible for the HDMI audio driver, try reinstalling NVIDIA's driver after using DDU: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driv...aller-DDU-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2023, 03:38 AM
(01-04-2023 01:16 AM)trankillity Wrote:  Hmm, I am already using GPU scaling. I believe what's happening is that because it's an OLED, there's a bezel around the image where the monitor will offset the image a pixel or two every 10 minutes or so to prevent burn in. Just in official resolutions, this is blacked out/overlaid with a border - while in the custom resolution, it's black but still renders what's at the edge of the screen.

Using the standard Nvidia custom resolution works and prevents this artifcating - however Nvidia's implementation doesn't allow for HDR in these custom resolutions (which is how I was directed to CRU). Seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place! Guess I may need to just eat the performance loss and stick to the native 3440x1440 resolution :/
I don't understand what you're saying. How can it be black and render what's at the edge of the screen? There shouldn't be any artifacts. The monitor doesn't black out any part of the image. The panel has extra pixels for shifting. Try using Scaled Resolution Editor instead: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa...Editor-SRE
01-06-2023, 11:04 AM
Hello again ToastyX and friends
New monitor, new fun
(Well, cheap second hand monitor)

This one supports DP 1.4 in it's OSD, but seems to not give any more bandwidth than when ran at DP 1.2
Two cables tested, both claim to be DP 1.4 / 8K capable

GPU-Z shows 5.4Gb/s x4

The monitors values are very different between HDMI and DP, but i'm hitting a wall where it blanks out at even 590Mhz on DP, despite it going higher on HDMI (for a lower refresh rate)

Anyone got suggestions beyond running CVT-RB2 and hoping for the best?

Also If I enable free sync it seems to have more problems - should I be altering the Display properties to match the new overclocked refresh rate (an entire 66MHz, yay) - or leaving it alone?
01-08-2023, 02:12 AM
(01-06-2023 03:37 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-05-2023 06:04 PM)chef_pooh Wrote:  I have recently upgraded to the Pro Art X670E, where the JHL8540 Controller lets me get full 6k60@10bit over a TB3 cable using the iGPU. However, when I connect the DisplayPort passthrough from the GPU to the Motherboard, I get a black screen. After Chrome Remote Desktoping to the computer, I see it's connected at 6k60 6bpc, which I don't think the display supports. Is there a way I can set a custom resolution to force the correct settings since it looks like Intel's TB4 controller is doing odd things? Of note, I'm unable to set a custom detailed resolution at 6k -- the text is red. I think CRU doesn't account for DSC since those resolutions are possible over DisplayPort 1.4, right?
No, that's not correct. Read the first post for detailed resolution limitations, but there's no point in adding a custom 6k resolution anyway because the monitor already defines the correct 6k resolutions. DisplayPort only drops down to 6 bpc if there's a bandwidth limitation, so something is wrong with this setup.

Yes, something is indeed funky -- I'm pretty sure the JHL8540 is negotiating the wrong protocol, which should be HBR2+DSC, to connect to the display, so I've told Asus about the bug.

For anyone in a similar boat, everything works with the Belkin Cable + CalDigit TS4 dock. You can find my solution here. Hopefully Intel pushes out changes that make this more streamlined.
01-08-2023, 06:19 PM
Hi i have a RTX 4090 and the Samsung TV QE75Q800TAT that are giving me all sort of headache.
When i connect the hdmi 2.1 cable i can get 8k 60hz 10bit no issue but as soon as i want to switch to 4k 120hz i get only black screen and goes back to 8k 60hz.
I tried every combination, 8bit color, even 1440p, game mode on or off, i can't get 120hz. The display always revert to 8k 60hz. I also did some custom resolution (4k 100hz, 4k 90hz, ecc.) with the extension block but the custom resolution doesn't show anywhere in windows.
Could someone help me out? If you need any detail just ask i'll try to be as exhaustive as i can. Thanks
01-09-2023, 02:33 PM
(01-08-2023 06:19 PM)soulmirror Wrote:  Hi i have a RTX 4090 and the Samsung TV QE75Q800TAT that are giving me all sort of headache.
When i connect the hdmi 2.1 cable i can get 8k 60hz 10bit no issue but as soon as i want to switch to 4k 120hz i get only black screen and goes back to 8k 60hz.
I tried every combination, 8bit color, even 1440p, game mode on or off, i can't get 120hz. The display always revert to 8k 60hz. I also did some custom resolution (4k 100hz, 4k 90hz, ecc.) with the extension block but the custom resolution doesn't show anywhere in windows.
Could someone help me out? If you need any detail just ask i'll try to be as exhaustive as i can. Thanks
RTINGS says the TV doesn't correctly support 4K UHD @ 120 Hz with VRR enabled.
01-09-2023, 02:33 PM
(01-06-2023 11:04 AM)Mussels Wrote:  Hello again ToastyX and friends
New monitor, new fun
(Well, cheap second hand monitor)

This one supports DP 1.4 in it's OSD, but seems to not give any more bandwidth than when ran at DP 1.2
Two cables tested, both claim to be DP 1.4 / 8K capable

GPU-Z shows 5.4Gb/s x4

The monitors values are very different between HDMI and DP, but i'm hitting a wall where it blanks out at even 590Mhz on DP, despite it going higher on HDMI (for a lower refresh rate)

Anyone got suggestions beyond running CVT-RB2 and hoping for the best?

Also If I enable free sync it seems to have more problems - should I be altering the Display properties to match the new overclocked refresh rate (an entire 66MHz, yay) - or leaving it alone?
DisplayPort 1.4 doesn't mean it supports HBR3. If the monitor only needs HBR2, it doesn't need to support HBR3. If it goes blank at 590 MHz pixel clock, then HBR3 wouldn't help because 4-lane HBR2 already supports up to 720 MHz.

You should edit the FreeSync range if you want the refresh rate to use FreeSync. Some monitors behave differently with FreeSync vs. non-FreeSync refresh rates.
01-09-2023, 07:53 PM
(01-09-2023 02:33 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-08-2023 06:19 PM)soulmirror Wrote:  Hi i have a RTX 4090 and the Samsung TV QE75Q800TAT that are giving me all sort of headache.
RTINGS says the TV doesn't correctly support 4K UHD @ 120 Hz with VRR enabled.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately for me the tv doesn't work at 120hz without VRR either. Can someone know if there's a way to fix it with CRU? The tv should be capable of supporting it
01-10-2023, 10:06 AM (Last edited: 01-10-2023, 10:07 AM by mitsumbushi@gmail.com)
cru won't post anything onto my display options.

I was using cru without any problem earlier.

oc'd hp z24n g2 to 138hz without any hiccups.

recently updated my a2000 4 GB mobile to driver version 517.13.

(in driver nv clock patcher 1.4.15 support uptill 516.40)
tried downgrading the display driver as well yet no success.
1.4.16 still detects limits and patches them but with no oc success.

i have DDU'd igpu n dgpu both already.

only nvidia custom resolution work for native resolution to 86hz.

any other custom resolution won't push beyond the standard 75hz at all.
01-10-2023, 10:47 PM
Hi , sorry for my english . I am interested in laptop refresh overlocking. I am going to buy a laptop soon. He has a standard 60hz refresh rate or can you raise the refresh rate to higher in this model?
Acer Aspire 5 R7-5825U/16GB/512+1TB/Win11 IPS

15,6"
1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
AMD Radeon Graphics

Product Code:
A515-47 || NX.K82EP.006