Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
12-13-2013, 10:09 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
I'm not sure if this problem is related but I don't know where else to start looking for an answer. Basically, I have two QNIXs connected, one via DL-DVI @ 96Hz and the other via an active DP to DL-DVI @ 60Hz. I have the latest beta drivers, patched, and GeForce Experience is not installed.

The problem is that whenever I have a Chrome window on the 60Hz panel, the entire window freezes while attempting to open a new tab or drag a tab out of the window or sometimes even clicking on a link. it only happens on the 60Hz panel however. Everything works as it should on the panel clocked to 96Hz.

The panel clocked to 96Hz is selected as the primary display.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2013, 10:49 PM
Hello ToastyX

Is it possible to implement a feature from the following program ATI Custom Resolution Tool to CRC or the pixel clock patcher. The feature i talk about is the Restart ATI Driver tab only which allows me reset the driver after i have patched and set refresh rate without having to restart PC or remove the DVI cable. I think this would come in very handy for most as one can immediately see if their desired refresh rate works or not and can help in getting precise timings. I have been using this method for a while now in which after a new driver install, i would apply the patch, set my desired refresh in the CRC (saved from previous) and then load the tool and reset the driver and vola instant gratification.

Also on a side note is there anyway to circumvent the HDCP and hardware acceleration limitation on AMD when applying the patch

Cheers

Jaylumx
12-16-2013, 09:13 AM
(12-15-2013 10:49 PM)jaylumx Wrote:  Is it possible to implement a feature from the following program ATI Custom Resolution Tool to CRC or the pixel clock patcher. The feature i talk about is the Restart ATI Driver tab only which allows me reset the driver after i have patched and set refresh rate without having to restart PC or remove the DVI cable.
I have a driver restarter program, but I didn't release it yet because restarting the driver has several side effects like windows moving around, overclocks resetting, desktops sometimes not refreshing correctly, and other weird issues. There are also complications like 32-bit programs can only restart 32-bit drivers, so I need a separate executable for 64-bit systems.

You can try it here: https://www.monitortests.com/restart.zip

(12-15-2013 10:49 PM)jaylumx Wrote:  Also on a side note is there anyway to circumvent the HDCP and hardware acceleration limitation on AMD when applying the patch
I don't have a way around that, but most videos don't need hardware acceleration or HDCP. For Blu-ray playback, supposedly AnyDVD HD can get around the HDCP limitation, but it's not free.
12-16-2013, 09:19 AM
(12-13-2013 10:09 PM)paulkon Wrote:  The problem is that whenever I have a Chrome window on the 60Hz panel, the entire window freezes while attempting to open a new tab or drag a tab out of the window or sometimes even clicking on a link. it only happens on the 60Hz panel however. Everything works as it should on the panel clocked to 96Hz.
That seems like a Chrome or driver bug. Disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome might work around the problem.
12-16-2013, 09:35 AM
(12-10-2013 12:47 PM)haze_1986 Wrote:  I wasn't able to set the resolution in NVCP. But I can set it from windows screen resolution. Testing now for a few days to see if it stays that way. EDIT: The above did not work as well. Black screen at start up this morning.
If it only affects one port and staying under 165 MHz doesn't help, then it's probably a driver bug or a video card issue. The only thing I can think of is try using HDMI or DisplayPort instead.
12-16-2013, 07:33 PM
(12-16-2013 09:13 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(12-15-2013 10:49 PM)jaylumx Wrote:  Is it possible to implement a feature from the following program ATI Custom Resolution Tool to CRC or the pixel clock patcher. The feature i talk about is the Restart ATI Driver tab only which allows me reset the driver after i have patched and set refresh rate without having to restart PC or remove the DVI cable.
I have a driver restarter program, but I didn't release it yet because restarting the driver has several side effects like windows moving around, overclocks resetting, desktops sometimes not refreshing correctly, and other weird issues. There are also complications like 32-bit programs can only restart 32-bit drivers, so I need a separate executable for 64-bit systems.

You can try it here: https://www.monitortests.com/restart.zip

(12-15-2013 10:49 PM)jaylumx Wrote:  Also on a side note is there anyway to circumvent the HDCP and hardware acceleration limitation on AMD when applying the patch
I don't have a way around that, but most videos don't need hardware acceleration or HDCP. For Blu-ray playback, supposedly AnyDVD HD can get around the HDCP limitation, but it's not free.

Thank you very much. That is even more handy.
12-17-2013, 01:56 AM (Last edited: 12-17-2013, 01:58 AM by paulkon)
(12-16-2013 09:19 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(12-13-2013 10:09 PM)paulkon Wrote:  The problem is that whenever I have a Chrome window on the 60Hz panel, the entire window freezes while attempting to open a new tab or drag a tab out of the window or sometimes even clicking on a link. it only happens on the 60Hz panel however. Everything works as it should on the panel clocked to 96Hz.
That seems like a Chrome or driver bug. Disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome might work around the problem.

Yeah, disabling hardware acceleration seems to fix it.

Would it be a good idea to report this bug to the chromium channel? I think this problem may be related to the incorrect refresh rate reported by the BlurBusters test too. It only shows the refresh rate of the primary monitor regardless of which monitor the test is currently being run on.

I think it reads the composition rate that is reported as 96Hz by Aero. it shows that way in madVR too. 96Hz composition rate, 60hz refresh rate. Could this be a Windows 7 Aero bug then?
12-18-2013, 03:58 AM
I have a microsoft basic display adapter.I have bought a new AOC1943W monitor.its native resolution is 1366X768.I am on windows 8 and it doesn't show the monitor's native resolution or anything close to it.Please tell me how to add the native resolution of the monitor.
12-19-2013, 03:05 AM
(12-18-2013 03:58 AM)Ankur Wrote:  I have a microsoft basic display adapter.I have bought a new AOC1943W monitor.its native resolution is 1366X768.I am on windows 8 and it doesn't show the monitor's native resolution or anything close to it.Please tell me how to add the native resolution of the monitor.
"Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" is a generic driver with limited functionality that comes with Windows. You need to install the appropriate drivers for your video card to get the correct resolution.

Intel: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/graphics
NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
AMD/ATI: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
12-19-2013, 12:46 PM
Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
hi toasty,

thanks for your help. It has taken me over a week to get everything right and i do have now all three projectors at 1280x720 in eyefinity at 120hz so therefor a total resolution of 3840x720.

However my 3D problem is still not solved. whenever i try to run a game in 3D it says my graphicscard is not compatible!

Using only 1 projector i could play 3D and the resolution would switch to 720p automatically, i suppose thats 720p as a HDtv resolution???

Is it possible to get eyefinity with 3x 720p tv resolution? And if yes, how?

Sorry to bother but AMD cant answer any questions Sad

thank you in advance

Alex