Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
01-05-2014, 12:25 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
Hi again!
I've used that file and followed your instructions.
Unfortunately, there's audio but the image became blur again. Without the file, the image was so sharp (Connector becomes DVI-PC).
How can I make the image very sharp and with audio at the same time ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2014, 03:55 PM
(01-05-2014 12:25 PM)flea_pepper Wrote:  I've used that file and followed your instructions.
Unfortunately, there's audio but the image became blur again. Without the file, the image was so sharp (Connector becomes DVI-PC).
How can I make the image very sharp and with audio at the same time ?
In the NVIDIA control panel under "Adjust desktop color settings", do you have a "Digital color format" option? Make sure that's set to RGB and not YCbCr.
01-05-2014, 03:55 PM
(01-05-2014 11:19 AM)Umar Wrote:  How can i check the pixel clock and which settings you are asking?
How did you add the resolution? It's supposed to be in the dialog where you added it.
01-06-2014, 09:32 AM
hi there,
I made a check at "adjust desktop color settings" > "digital color format" and there's only 1 option available' RGB. I clicked apply, reboot but still the same again.
I guess it just don't work right for me ?
01-06-2014, 06:12 PM
How can i force my samsung 40f6100 (100hz panel) to work like a pc monitor? If i set 24hz display mode change to 1920x1080/24p at 50hz 1920x1080/50p. Custom hz works with 72hz (lcd reduced) but because my tv thinks its "1280x1024/70hz" lower hz like 48hz doesnt work. So this display mode changes in the hardware or firmware side? sorry my english bad.. :] i want ~96hz for 23.967fps movies. I think the built in pulldown doesn't work perfectly so i prefer this way.
01-07-2014, 12:10 PM (Last edited: 01-07-2014, 03:52 PM by Bipox)
Hi ToastyX!

edit: Ok, I patched the driver and know it's working. Sorry, my english AND my computer skill are not very good, so I didn't get what the patch was about. Still don't get it. But it works Smile
The one time it worked was after a forced reboot when my driver crashed (I was messing with overdrive in catalyst). I think. /edit
edit 2 : not working again. Ok, I give up ^^ /edit

This is an awesome app.

[bad]Unfortunately it worked for me only once. Really, one time. I was able to up my refresh rate from 60 to 70Hz. I tested with the recommended site (http://www.testufo.com/#test=frameskipping) and it confirmed it.
Then I tried adding different rates, 5Hz by 5 Hz. Hit OK. Reboot. The asterisk (*) stays: <My Monitor> (active)*
I haven't changed anything.

Maybe you have an idea?[/bad]
01-08-2014, 01:11 AM
(01-04-2014 04:26 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 01:48 AM)taemex Wrote:  That's most likely the issue then. I bought that particular HDMI cable from Fry's Electronics for $7.99 in the bargain bin. I'll have to get a better quality cable and see if that helps...
Your issue is definitely not a cable issue. 1280x720 @ 120 Hz is still under 165 MHz, and most HDMI cables can easily handle more. What timing parameters are you using?

This is typically what HDTVs use at 1280x720:

H: 1280 110 40 220 370 1650 +
V: 720 5 5 20 30 750 +

If that doesn't work, the TV might not support 120 Hz input. Most TVs are only designed to handle 60 Hz input, and 240 Hz is likely just 120 Hz interpolation with backlight strobing.

You might actually have better luck if you try 1920x1080 @ 120 Hz instead. You will have to use CRU to import this file first: https://www.monitortests.com/hdmi-audio.dat

Then enable the extension block and reboot.

Okay. Looks like my TV most likely does not handle 120hz properly as I just tried those settings you gave me at 1280x720 and it still does not work. Out of curiosity before I give up, could you please tell me what the ideal settings should be at for 1920x1080? And regarding "timing parameters", forgive me, but I have no idea what that means?
01-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Hey ToastyX. Im using amd and sony lcd tv. im able to downsample at 1440p and 1536p using amd 12.11 with gui tool in windows 8.1. But when i updated to 13.12 driver i cant downsample neither with gui or this tool. Any recommendation? Thanks in Advance.
01-09-2014, 04:56 AM (Last edited: 01-09-2014, 07:14 AM by sickgamesentertainment)
Hi Toasty,

I GOT IT!!!!
Well at least it seems so, ONE projector is now working again in 3D.
Looooooooong story - short: The problem was hardware!

But check out the long story for your knowledge database Wink
Remember i was telling you about my HDMI kabels, i told you all three are 10 meters long and one of them was like all platinum and cost me 150 euros, the other two hdmi kabels are same length but like only 20 bucks each. YEAAAAAAAH, it does matter at least on that length. The signal gets lost or some shit, dont ask.

But thats not all, i have now 6 dongles of Displayport to HDMI.
Turns out only the very first one that i bought, works with 3D (pretty much by accident) because officialy not even that one is supposed to work since its not AMD certified. So basically i bought the Club 3D active DP to HDMI adapter first, then i purchased two more Club 3D adapters, from the same store but a different modelnumber, but it was supposed to be the same stuff, DP to HDMI, same brand, same price, just different part number.

Then when i wanted to use eyefinity in 120hz, stuff didnt work out, remember? So i thought, okay, maybe the other two are not active - i will buy new adapters on amazon (since my store was out of the one that worked) and make sure it says ACTIVE. I didnt want to order two club3D adapters since maybe they would also send me the new model that didnt work so whats the point, soooooo i ordered 3 STARTECH ACTIVE apaters. I purchased 3 so i wouldnt have any color differences etc.

And it worked, i had 3 projectors run eyefinity in 120hz....

As you can guess by now, there was the problem: 120hz, yes. 3D certified, NO!!! Funny as it may sound, thats definately true!

Today, it came to my mind to try the very first adapter that i purchased and i plugged in the cheap HDMI 1.4 cable... didnt work.
Then i plugged in the expensive cable and IT WORKED.

Then just to try out, i put in the cheap HDMI cabel in to any of the other 5 adapters and that didnt work either.

So, yeah, cable matters when it comes to length and 3D!

Anyway, AMD claims that ACCELL (accell B086B-003B) ACTIVE DisplayPort to HDMI adapters are CERTIFIED and must be used with HD3D. Problem is that they dont ship them outside USA and are sold out everywhere, freakin worldwide. So now i am stuck again. I will try and search for the Club3D Partnumber, maybe i will be able to get the specific Model that works but then i will have to purchase some really high end cables again and hope that if it works on one, it will also work eyefinity..

My theory is also that the certified ACCELL adapters may work with cheaper cables maybe? Maybe there is something to them that makes them better with signal boost or something, since they are certified and there is no specification written towards HDMI cables...

I remember now why i first purchased the extremely overpriced HDMI 3D cable in the first place, it was because i bought a 3D BluRay player and wanted to buy a cheap 1.4HDMI cable with 10meters length and the store clerk looked at me laughing saying that there is no way in hell that 3D would pass thru the cheap cable on that length. So he talked me into buying that highly overpriced cable and i always thought a little bit that he screwed me over since it was a store like a circuit city, so basically nothing where you would expect competent information from. But turns out he was right....

OMG what a long ride... finally i have an answer. You dont understand, i couldnt sleep right the past 8 weeks or so. I had spend so much money on equipment to get a 150inch curced screen to work in 3D and then it didnt work out and i had no answers, nightmare.

So i hope i will get all the hardware right and then it will still be a surprise of wether or not it will work in eyefinity 3D. Because now it worked perfectly fine with one projector BUUUUT in direct 3D mode NOOOOOT in AMD HD3D 1.4 HDMI mode as it is - i believe required to get eyefinity 3D, hence HD3D.

Anyway, gotta go to bed. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for reading - if you did lol.

Alex

P.s.: No, AMD support didnt do shit, i got this one on my own.
01-09-2014, 11:22 AM
alright,

moving on!

I managed to get my hands on the same Club3D adapter that worked with 3D and two high quality HDMI 1.4 cables.
I have now 3D on all three projectors individually, however, whenever i try to start a 3D application in eyefinity, while still in 120hz, the projectors say no source found.
I imported the 1.4 file thru CRU which you gave one of the last times. What else should i try?
Should i install the monitor driver that you gave me?

Its getting there but just not yet *cry* but its so clooooose, i can feel it lol