Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
02-10-2014, 09:13 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
Hey Toasty, Thank you for this awesome utility. I've overclocked my 30" 2560x1600 monitor to 75hz and everything is working fine apart from a vsync related problem.

In some games like dota 2 and borderlands 2 vsync works perfectly locking my fps to 75. However, in other games like skyrim and path of exile vsync locks the fps at double the refresh rate which is 150 fps. this causes too much strain on my crossfire gpus amd 7950s and in future games I know I will not be able to maintain 150fps. If I use an fps limiter and cap fps to 75 then screen tearing occurs in those games.

Any idea of what's causing this problem?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2014, 07:02 PM
If its the same kind of bug that im having at the minute try this.
pull out your monitor cable from your graphics card and plug it back in then your vsync will be locked in all games.
02-10-2014, 07:54 PM
I created a script in order to don't have to reboot your computer.
I think it works quite well.

Here is the link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/qdx5l8...isplay.zip

1. Extract the archive zip
2. In the extracted folder, double click on "Redemarrer Affichage.bat" and in few seconds your display will restart and your custom resolution now available.
02-10-2014, 11:08 PM
(02-10-2014 07:54 PM)lynx74 Wrote:  I created a script in order to don't have to reboot your computer.

I already have a driver restarter that I posted several pages back:

(12-16-2013 09:13 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  I have a driver restarter program, but I didn't release it yet because restarting the driver has several side effects like windows moving around, overclocks resetting, desktops sometimes not refreshing correctly, and other weird issues. There are also complications like 32-bit programs can only restart 32-bit drivers, so I need a separate executable for 64-bit systems.

You can try it here: https://www.monitortests.com/restart.zip

I just updated it and added it to the main post. It will eventually be included with the CRU package. Your script uses Microsoft's devcon.exe, which isn't redistributable.
02-10-2014, 11:21 PM
(02-10-2014 09:13 AM)NZXT30 Wrote:  Hey Toasty, Thank you for this awesome utility. I've overclocked my 30" 2560x1600 monitor to 75hz and everything is working fine apart from a vsync related problem.
What monitor can do 2560x1600 @ 75 Hz without skipping frames?

(02-10-2014 09:13 AM)NZXT30 Wrote:  In some games like dota 2 and borderlands 2 vsync works perfectly locking my fps to 75. However, in other games like skyrim and path of exile vsync locks the fps at double the refresh rate which is 150 fps. this causes too much strain on my crossfire gpus amd 7950s and in future games I know I will not be able to maintain 150fps. If I use an fps limiter and cap fps to 75 then screen tearing occurs in those games.

I don't know. That seems like a driver bug. Make sure you are using two CrossFire bridges. CrossFire has weird issues at higher pixel clocks with only one bridge.
02-10-2014, 11:37 PM
(02-07-2014 10:18 AM)hannes69 Wrote:  My projector can work with many porch and pixelclock combinations. I thougt about a script which delivers all possible porch-pixelclock combinations for a given refresh rate.
Try playing with this: https://www.monitortests.com/pixelclock.php

It will give you the pixel clock and horizontal/vertical totals necessary to match a refresh rate. Keep in mind that calculated values might not match actual values because of hardware variance, so I don't know how close you can get. The standard timing parameters for 1920x1080 @ 24 Hz are already exactly 24 Hz, but the script might be useful for 23.976 Hz: https://www.monitortests.com/pixelclock....=24&rate=1

There's also no way to have separate refresh rates for 23.976 Hz and 24 Hz with EDID overrides because both would be listed as 24 Hz. You'd have to use 48 Hz or 72 Hz if the projector can handle those, or you'd have to use a different resolution (make sure GPU scaling is disabled if you do that).
02-10-2014, 11:41 PM
(02-09-2014 12:07 PM)valerio65 Wrote:  at 75 hz i show only a bit of the screen (the top part on the left) even if the resolution displayed is 1920x1080
Then the TV can't handle higher refresh rates properly.
02-10-2014, 11:50 PM
(02-09-2014 01:21 PM)lols90 Wrote:  Have a look at my screenshot below.

I don't think it's a driver issue, because other people still can apply custom resolutions/refresh rates with the latest AMD driver.
That's really weird. It's definitely a driver issue, but the question is why is it happening to you and not other people? What's weird is it shows 800x600 even though your screen shot is 1920x1080. How is the monitor connected? DVI? HDMI? VGA?

I want to see if there's anything unusual about your monitor's EDID. Use the "Export..." button in CRU and send me the .bin file. Then run reset-all.exe and reboot. Then run this program and send me the .bin file: http://devgurus.amd.com/servlet/JiveServ...ID-1.2.zip
02-11-2014, 09:12 AM (Last edited: 02-11-2014, 06:53 PM by NZXT30)
(02-10-2014 11:21 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 09:13 AM)NZXT30 Wrote:  Hey Toasty, Thank you for this awesome utility. I've overclocked my 30" 2560x1600 monitor to 75hz and everything is working fine apart from a vsync related problem.
What monitor can do 2560x1600 @ 75 Hz without skipping frames?

(02-10-2014 09:13 AM)NZXT30 Wrote:  In some games like dota 2 and borderlands 2 vsync works perfectly locking my fps to 75. However, in other games like skyrim and path of exile vsync locks the fps at double the refresh rate which is 150 fps. this causes too much strain on my crossfire gpus amd 7950s and in future games I know I will not be able to maintain 150fps. If I use an fps limiter and cap fps to 75 then screen tearing occurs in those games.
I don't know. That seems like a driver bug. Make sure you are using two CrossFire bridges. CrossFire has weird issues at higher pixel clocks with only one bridge.

It's a Hazro HZ30Wie and I've managed to push it to 80hz with reduced timings and zero frame skipping. I've isolated the problem its a crossfire bug when I enable crossfire vsynch locks at double the refresh rate in most games without it everything is perfect.

However, that problem only happens when I use CRU defined refresh rate even at low pixel clocks if the refresh rate was made through CRU the problem occurs.

Edit: I added a second crossfire bridge and it solved the problem! 1600p at 80fps is insanely good...
02-11-2014, 11:39 AM
(02-10-2014 11:50 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 01:21 PM)lols90 Wrote:  Have a look at my screenshot below.

I don't think it's a driver issue, because other people still can apply custom resolutions/refresh rates with the latest AMD driver.
That's really weird. It's definitely a driver issue, but the question is why is it happening to you and not other people? What's weird is it shows 800x600 even though your screen shot is 1920x1080. How is the monitor connected? DVI? HDMI? VGA?

I want to see if there's anything unusual about your monitor's EDID. Use the "Export..." button in CRU and send me the .bin file. Then run reset-all.exe and reboot. Then run this program and send me the .bin file: http://devgurus.amd.com/servlet/JiveServ...ID-1.2.zip

My monitor is connected with an DVI-D SL cable. I just bought a new one a few weeks ago just because of this.
I must admit it worked.. for once.
I went to CRU, added a custom refresh rate and exported it as an .inf file.
Then I applied this .inf to my monitor via Device Manager and after that it really displayed a 75hz option. I selected it and it worked but after I restarted my computer or if I just even detected my monitor, the screen goes black instantly. Behind the blackscreen I have found out that it changes the display name to "VGA" via teamviewer
If I reset everything and do the same steps I did before, it doesn't work anymore. Something is refusing the EDID override.

Anyway here are the files you wanted:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-8609...U.bin.html
http://www.file-upload.net/download-8609...1.bin.html