Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
05-01-2013, 04:10 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(04-27-2013 02:15 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(04-26-2013 08:14 AM)Shenanigans Wrote:  Problem is that every time I add custom resolutions with CRU, after reboot, the monitor does not show up in device manager, the "my digital flat panels" option dissapears from AMD control center, and my resolution is just stuck cannot change it(usually at 1680x1050 because this is what I usually try adding), and the refresh rate is still either 60, or in some cases nothing is displayed there. Also, if I open CRU the monitor is no longer displayed as active, as it was before adding the resolutions and rebooting. I want to add that this happens for any custom resolution I try to add with CRU.
Is this with Windows 8?

Windows 7 64.

Sorry I forgot to mention.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 04:35 AM
(05-01-2013 04:10 PM)Shenanigans Wrote:  Windows 7 64.

That's weird. I can't think of anything that would cause that. I've never seen that happen.

Can you export the settings to a file and send it to me? I want to see if there is anything unusual.

Also, try reinstalling the driver after using this: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/P...ility.aspx
05-04-2013, 02:55 PM
(04-26-2013 08:14 AM)Shenanigans Wrote:  Problem is that every time I add custom resolutions with CRU, after reboot, the monitor does not show up in device manager, the "my digital flat panels" option dissapears from AMD control center, and my resolution is just stuck cannot change it(usually at 1680x1050 because this is what I usually try adding), and the refresh rate is still either 60, or in some cases nothing is displayed there. Also, if I open CRU the monitor is no longer displayed as active, as it was before adding the resolutions and rebooting. I want to add that this happens for any custom resolution I try to add with CRU.
Is this with Windows 8?

(05-01-2013 04:10 PM)Shenanigans Wrote:  
Is this with Windows 8?

Windows 7 64.

Same here, but win8.
05-05-2013, 12:40 PM
As I expected, my DELL U2211H refuses to go any higher than 165MHz on any port (DVI, DP) even with patched driver. I wanted to get rid of that screen tearing, caused by low blanking, but oh well.
05-06-2013, 02:02 PM
any idea what refresh rate i could get on my samsung 2223NW?
05-07-2013, 07:53 AM
(05-06-2013 02:02 PM)nobodyy Wrote:  any idea what refresh rate i could get on my samsung 2223NW?
76 Hz might work with the "LCD reduced" option.
05-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Hello ToastyX.

Thank you very much for this program and for your freetime making this!

I have one problem. I have an Asus AMD hd6950 and the new Asus VG278HE - 144hz lcd monitor.

I removed the locks from all the display ports so now in windows 7 i can use 120hz on my Generic PnP Monitor - using DVI dual link.

But using CRU i cant get to 144hz. i have read and read almost all the posts in this thread and tried almost everything. But i cant get 144hz no matter what i do :-(

Hope u can help or even send me a file if u got the time.

If u can make this work ill donate some $$ Smile

Thank u already!

Tha Kang

(09-07-2012 09:06 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) allows custom resolutions to be defined for both AMD/ATI and NVIDIA GPUs by creating EDID overrides directly in the registry without having to deal with inf files.

https://www.monitortests.com/cru-1.0.zip

If you find this software useful, donations are welcome (but not required).

Requirements:
  • Windows Vista or later (Windows XP does not support EDID overrides)
  • AMD/ATI or NVIDIA GPU (Intel's driver does not support EDID overrides)
  • Display must report a working EDID
Usage notes:
  • The first detailed resolution is considered the preferred or native resolution, so if you want games to use a higher refresh rate, define it there.
  • NVIDIA users may need to uncheck "Include extension block" to get custom resolutions to show up.
  • The video driver must be restarted for changes to take effect. The easiest way to do that is to reboot.
  • Displays marked with an asterisk (*) have changes saved. To reset a display back to the default configuration, delete the display and reboot.
  • This program adds monitor resolutions, not scaled resolutions. Lower resolutions will be scaled up if GPU scaling is enabled, but higher resolutions won't be scaled down by the GPU. Higher resolutions will only work if the monitor can handle them.
  • Timing modes for detailed resolutions:
    • "Manual" allows the timing parameters to be set manually. The dialog will always open in this mode.
    • "Automatic - LCD standard" (formerly "Automatic - Best for LCD") uses timing parameters commonly used with LCD monitors and HDTVs.
    • "Automatic - LCD reduced" adjusts the timing parameters for certain resolutions to reduce the pixel clock. This may help when trying higher refresh rates.
    • "Automatic - CRT standard" uses timing parameters compatible with CRT monitors.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-09-2013, 08:36 AM
AMD cards only have one dual-link DVI port. If your card has two DVI ports, make sure you are using the dual-link port and not the single-link port. You will not be able to get 144 Hz on a single-link port. You shouldn't have to use CRU to get 144 Hz with that monitor. It should already work out of the box.
05-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Hey peple. Can you tell me if Intel's drivers already support those override for refresh rate overclocking?
What should I do with notebook and Optimus and therefore monitor goes from Intel
05-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Yes needed to turn the internal switch on the gfx card! and use the right DVI port! Thanks man ur the shit!!!

Everything works now 144hz Wink

(05-09-2013 08:36 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  AMD cards only have one dual-link DVI port. If your card has two DVI ports, make sure you are using the dual-link port and not the single-link port. You will not be able to get 144 Hz on a single-link port. You shouldn't have to use CRU to get 144 Hz with that monitor. It should already work out of the box.