Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
03-27-2015, 02:36 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(03-26-2015 05:13 PM)xeltic Wrote:  hey toasty is it possible to change where the resolution is scaled? for example http://i.imgur.com/OTHvh9A.png my screen is displaying on the black part, but my monitor is the whole picture, now the black part continues off again from the right and on my screen again from the left, its very hard to explain and if you know a way to change that please let me know, my monitor acts wierd when I am not fully scaled, and I'm trying to fix that.
If the resolution is not displaying correctly, then that's a monitor issue. Either the monitor can't handle the resolution, or it can't handle the timing parameters you used.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2015, 06:38 PM (Last edited: 03-28-2015, 12:48 AM by drobillka)
I have gtx970 (wich can use dsr) and full hd monitor 1920x1080

is it possible to make something like 21:9 here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NAx_yvhrF8

but 32x18, or any bigger resolutions as 21:9?
03-29-2015, 06:47 AM
(03-27-2015 06:38 PM)drobillka Wrote:  I have gtx970 (wich can use dsr) and full hd monitor 1920x1080

is it possible to make something like 21:9 here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NAx_yvhrF8

but 32x18, or any bigger resolutions as 21:9?
DSR uses the native resolution, which is the first detailed resolution. You can set any resolution that the monitor supports such as 1920x810. Then DSR will add higher resolutions based on that resolution.
04-01-2015, 03:07 AM (Last edited: 04-01-2015, 03:08 AM by INFIDEL)
I have a LG 60lb6100-ug it has motion 460 its a 120hrz tv still cant get progtam to work, I am also running EVGA 780's in SLI
04-01-2015, 09:54 PM
Anyone there
04-02-2015, 04:22 AM
(04-01-2015 03:07 AM)INFIDEL Wrote:  I have a LG 60lb6100-ug it has motion 460 its a 120hrz tv still cant get progtam to work, I am also running EVGA 780's in SLI
You didn't provide any information about what you did and how it's not working, so I have no idea what you mean.
04-02-2015, 10:33 AM
I would like to apologise as my first post on here is basically looking for help.

I came across your app after Googleing many ways to try and resolve my issue.

I currently run 3 x u3214q Dell monitors all via displayport from 3 x EVGA gtx 980's running in SLI

The three monitors are connected to the main card via Displayport

The issue I am having is that windows constantly resizes and re-detects all monitors whenever I turn the system on or turn a monitor off.

Sometimes when I boot into windows it just sits on black screens, or one monitor comes on and the other two don't, maybe two come on and one doesn't, sometimes if I boot up with two monitors and turn the third on I keep my fingers crossed while it re-detects that all monitors will work, if not it sits on a black screen and I have to hard power down the system and play monitor roulette again.

As you can imagine this is incredibly frustrating sometimes taking me upwards of 20 minutes just to get to a working desktop, which kind of defeats the object of even owning an SSD

Would your app be able to help in anyways resolve this ?

I have looked into EDID boxes which could store the EDID data but I cannot find any that support 3840x2160 @ 60hz, not to mention most of them are in the hundreds just for one, let alone three.

Thanks in advace
04-02-2015, 01:23 PM
(04-02-2015 10:33 AM)lysaer Wrote:  The issue I am having is that windows constantly resizes and re-detects all monitors whenever I turn the system on or turn a monitor off.
That's because the monitors are disconnecting when you turn them off. That's common with DisplayPort monitors. I don't have a solution for this other than to use monitor sleep instead of turning the monitors off.

(04-02-2015 10:33 AM)lysaer Wrote:  Sometimes when I boot into windows it just sits on black screens, or one monitor comes on and the other two don't, maybe two come on and one doesn't, sometimes if I boot up with two monitors and turn the third on I keep my fingers crossed while it re-detects that all monitors will work, if not it sits on a black screen and I have to hard power down the system and play monitor roulette again.
That's a different issue that you should bug EVGA and NVIDIA about because that's not supposed to happen. If this is a detection issue, you should be able to turn one of the monitors off and back on to redetect the monitors without rebooting.

(04-02-2015 10:33 AM)lysaer Wrote:  Would your app be able to help in anyways resolve this ?
No, but running restart.exe might help with redetecting the monitors.
04-03-2015, 08:21 AM
Hi.

Thanks for making this utility.

I just got a new computer with a GTX960 but my monitor has only VGA connection. With an adapter this works but no widescreen resolutions are detected.

I setup a customer res in the Geforce control panel which works but games cannot use this.

So I deleted the customer resolution and instead used CRU to setup a custom resolution in the standard resolutions section and enabled custom extension block and restarted this worked great...until I rebooted then no display the monitor just says "check video cable" then goes to sleep. I went into safe mode and used the utility to delete the custom setting but this still did not work so I had to use system restore.

Any suggestions on what I did wrong? Please let me know what more info you need. Thanks.
04-05-2015, 11:22 AM
nvm, problem self-rectified. Thanks.