Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
06-29-2015, 10:25 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(06-28-2015 10:10 PM)TuPu Wrote:  Hey toasty, I have problem with all of resolutions when i set my hz more than 60 i get these black bars on side i cant stretch it to fullscreen.
CRU doesn't deal with black bars. Either the graphics driver is adding black bars because of GPU scaling, or the monitor is adding them because of scaling options or because it can't handle the resolution or timing parameters.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2015, 04:29 AM
Hello, I'm having trouble with my new Crossover 2795 display (DIV-D) and GTX 970 card. I've run the nVidia patcher, added new refresh rates in CRU, and was able to successfully run them. However, after every reboot the refresh rate gets reset back to 60.

I've tried so many things at this point I'm at a loss. I've tried setting the display mode in Windows and in the nVidia Control Panel, neither persisted after a reboot. I also tried running older versions of nVidia drivers to see if it is a recent issue.

Any ideas on how to solve this?
07-02-2015, 04:04 AM
(06-30-2015 04:29 AM)n8wood Wrote:  Hello, I'm having trouble with my new Crossover 2795 display (DIV-D) and GTX 970 card. I've run the nVidia patcher, added new refresh rates in CRU, and was able to successfully run them. However, after every reboot the refresh rate gets reset back to 60.

I've tried so many things at this point I'm at a loss. I've tried setting the display mode in Windows and in the nVidia Control Panel, neither persisted after a reboot. I also tried running older versions of nVidia drivers to see if it is a recent issue.

I haven't heard of that happening with NVIDIA. Is this with Windows 8.1? Try running reset-all.exe to reset the Windows screen resolution settings. Then restart and add the resolution you want as the first detailed resolution in CRU. Then it should boot up with whatever the first detailed resolution is. The problem is it might reset again if you change the desktop resolution at any point.
07-02-2015, 04:29 AM
(07-02-2015 02:27 AM)Asthmatic Seal Wrote:  Hey, ToastyX! I'm looking for help with an HDMI audio problem that I'm having with my roommates PC to TV setup . He keeps the TV downstairs in our living room , mounted on the wall roommates, while his PC is upstairs in his bedroom.
He's managed to use Cat 5 cables to run his PC audio and video to his TV, which is great. We can play steam on the big screen using big picture mode, and its almost as smooth as using a console. Most of the time it works really well, but I've been encountering some issues when I've tried to play the new Batman game recently. Our problem is thats the game resets screen resolution and audio settings every time it boots up. This is not an issue for the resolution, as my roommates TV is perfectly capable of keeping up with 1080p, but we keep losing the audio. The only solution we found so far is to run it in a borderless window, which makes the framerate dip so low that's it's almost unplayable. My roommate is trying to figure this out, and he's told me that it seems to him that we need to find some way to lock the big screen TV as the audio device, to the point where starting the game won't reset the audio device.
Please forgive my lack of precise technical terms, as this setup was put together with my roommates expertise. He's the tech wizard. Me, I'm just a simple man who simply wants to punch the Scarecrow in the face at 60 fps. Feel free to talk to me as if I know how this works. I'm sure he can translate, lol.
I don't think CRU can help with this. I'm not fully understanding the problem. I'm not understanding how the game is resetting the audio device.
07-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Any type of workaround to overclock the refresh rate for laptops with switchable graphics yet (Intel 4600)?
07-05-2015, 04:41 AM
(07-04-2015 04:12 PM)MaxHz Wrote:  Any type of workaround to overclock the refresh rate for laptops with switchable graphics yet (Intel 4600)?
That's not something that can be worked around. Either Intel has to implement EDID overrides in their driver, or CRU has to be redesigned to support driver-specific methods, and I would need access to Intel's SDK, which isn't publicly available.
07-07-2015, 12:20 AM
works with windows 10?
07-07-2015, 02:02 AM (Last edited: 07-07-2015, 02:03 AM by nycplayboy78)
TOASTY!!!!

I am currently running dual ASUS PB287Q 4K monitors (3840x2160 @ 60Hz) via DisplayPort connection to a single Nvidia GTX 980. Can I drive my monitors above 60Hz to 120Hz+? I am running Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional
07-07-2015, 04:55 AM
(07-02-2015 04:04 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(06-30-2015 04:29 AM)n8wood Wrote:  Hello, I'm having trouble with my new Crossover 2795 display (DIV-D) and GTX 970 card. I've run the nVidia patcher, added new refresh rates in CRU, and was able to successfully run them. However, after every reboot the refresh rate gets reset back to 60.

I haven't heard of that happening with NVIDIA. Is this with Windows 8.1? Try running reset-all.exe to reset the Windows screen resolution settings. Then restart and add the resolution you want as the first detailed resolution in CRU. Then it should boot up with whatever the first detailed resolution is. The problem is it might reset again if you change the desktop resolution at any point.
I figured out my problem. The ASUS GPU Tweak utility was setting the resolution back to 60. I was able to add the refresh rate slider which is not available by default, and set it to what I was looking for. It's working now. Thanks for the help.

Now to get my refresh rate working in Linux.
07-07-2015, 07:01 PM
(07-07-2015 12:20 AM)jdubzisfaded Wrote:  works with windows 10?
Yes.