Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
10-19-2015, 10:16 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(10-19-2015 02:15 AM)markanini Wrote:  I have 60 Hz and 59.94 Hz set in CRU but under windows display settings I only get a single 60 Hz option. Similarly 47.952 Hz & 48 Hz show as a single 48Hz onyl. Is there any way around this? I have an AMD HD 7700 running Windows 10.

I don't believe the CCC Can distinguish between refresh rates this close to each other even if they appear. The value are too close to be distinct. 59.94 hz is just the NTSC value (this was used for CRT timing). On AMD cards, if you switch from "60" to "59hz" in the CCC once (over a DVI connection, 59.94 hz and 60hz are there by default), the screen refreshes once instantly (the refresh rate isn't changed), then the selection goes back to 60hz, and trying to switch to 59 hz is 'greyed' out as its considered to be the same as 60hz.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-19-2015, 04:25 PM
Maybe I can settle with 48Hz and 71.928Hz and the just the even 60 Hz. What do you think?
10-19-2015, 06:32 PM (Last edited: 10-19-2015, 06:36 PM by DeadlyDNA)
Hello, it's been a while since i've been on here to read up. I was having an issue with using CRU in windows10 and AMD gpu. When i would customize the monitors resolutions settings and save, after reboot windows 10 would change it back and mess it all up. I think i found the fix for me but it may not work for anyone else?

i use CRU on a 44k 40inch crossover monitor. I customize my monitor edid's with cru to only allow 1920x1080@60hz. This allows AMD's control panel to enable VSR for the monitor output. So what i do is i hook up all 4 ports excluding DVI to my monitor and video card. Then once its setup to do only 1080 per input i enable eyefinity in CCC 2x2 option. Then i enable VSR per input to achieve 3200x1800 or 3840x2160@60hz when combined in eyefinity i get 6300x3600 or 7680x4320 max resolution. The issue i was having is upon reboot windows 10 seemed to be ignoring my CRU settings and going back to default edid information. This cause my eyefinity to be broken after a reboot.

I think it's fixed now after 4 reboots and i did the following extra along with my usual setup:

1. run CRU select proper display and remove all resolutions from standard,detailed and established resolutions.
2. i disable or select "no extension block"
3. i add LCD native and enter 1920x1080@60hz (used to add as lcd standard this is a new step)
4. i went into windows device manager and disabled all listed monitors shown.(new step added)
5. created my eyefinity and enabled VSR
6. after reboot it stays and i only show 1 pnp monitor now in windows device manger.

Hope this helps and i am still testing to see if this will be an issue anymore.

Also super duper thanks to toastyx for this utility!! i couldn't do the things im doing without his awesomeness!
10-20-2015, 01:23 PM
@falkentyne thanks for the reply! Yeah maybe its the converter, I'm going to buy a new monitor soon, mine is old, it has vga only.

thank you so much toastyx!
10-26-2015, 12:01 AM
(10-19-2015 10:16 AM)falkentyne Wrote:  I don't believe the CCC Can distinguish between refresh rates this close to each other even if they appear. The value are too close to be distinct. 59.94 hz is just the NTSC value (this was used for CRT timing). On AMD cards, if you switch from "60" to "59hz" in the CCC once (over a DVI connection, 59.94 hz and 60hz are there by default), the screen refreshes once instantly (the refresh rate isn't changed), then the selection goes back to 60hz, and trying to switch to 59 hz is 'greyed' out as its considered to be the same as 60hz.

What do you think is going on here?
[Image: emNuKPB.png]
10-26-2015, 01:35 AM
I'm not currently using a DVI connection so I cant check, but I remember 59hz is 59.94 hz. I remember Call of duty advanced warfare had a 59.94hz and a 60hz. I forgot if the screen hard refreshed when toggling between them, though.

The AMD control panel didn't fare so well, though.
If I selected "59hz" (59.94), the screen would refresh, then the selection would change to 60hz, and then 59.94 and 60hz did the exact same thing. (changing to the other one didn't make the apply button do anything).

I don't have those on displayport at all.
10-26-2015, 07:21 AM
Hey guys, got an issue here.

So I've been playing CSGO on 75hz 1024x768 thanks to this great tool, however I want to gave black bars, so I decided to enable gpu upscaling, however when I do that the overclock isn't taken into effect, and when i disable it the overclock is back, but there is no other way for me to get black bars, I've tried to play with my monitors options however when I head to the display option it says "cannot be used available in d-sub signal only" I'm using an AMD card and a LG E2242 monitor.
10-26-2015, 07:31 AM (Last edited: 10-26-2015, 07:32 AM by falkentyne)
(10-26-2015 07:21 AM)Sayake Wrote:  Hey guys, got an issue here.

So I've been playing CSGO on 75hz 1024x768 thanks to this great tool, however I want to gave black bars, so I decided to enable gpu upscaling, however when I do that the overclock isn't taken into effect, and when i disable it the overclock is back, but there is no other way for me to get black bars, I've tried to play with my monitors options however when I head to the display option it says "cannot be used available in d-sub signal only" I'm using an AMD card and a LG E2242 monitor.

Looks like the scaling options on the monitor (1:1, Aspect, full?) can only be used in VGA mode? However 1:1 and aspect/full should still be accessible in DVI mode anyway. Does that monitor have an "Aspect ratio" or "Image size" area in the OSD? Pretty sure it's called 'image size' on Samsung monitors. Asus calls it something else. Benq calls it "display mode." it sounds like you went into the "analog display" section. That should not be where the aspect settings are.

You can also try creating a CRT standard resolution of 1024x768@75hz.
If you created the low resolutions through CRU, the monitor is supposed to handle the scaling through aspect settings and this should NOT be locked to Dsub. the only monitors that do not have aspect control are gsync monitors as they do not have hardware scalers.
10-26-2015, 07:50 AM (Last edited: 10-26-2015, 08:05 AM by Sayake)
(10-26-2015 07:31 AM)falkentyne Wrote:  
(10-26-2015 07:21 AM)Sayake Wrote:  Hey guys, got an issue here.

Looks like the scaling options on the monitor (1:1, Aspect, full?) can only be used in VGA mode? However 1:1 and aspect/full should still be accessible in DVI mode anyway. Does that monitor have an "Aspect ratio" or "Image size" area in the OSD? Pretty sure it's called 'image size' on Samsung monitors. Asus calls it something else. Benq calls it "display mode." it sounds like you went into the "analog display" section. That should not be where the aspect settings are.

You can also try creating a CRT standard resolution of 1024x768@75hz.
If you created the low resolutions through CRU, the monitor is supposed to handle the scaling through aspect settings and this should NOT be locked to Dsub. the only monitors that do not have aspect control are gsync monitors as they do not have hardware scalers.

I have no idea what am I supposed to do, not good with monitors, and I got a LG monitor, none of what you mentioned.

Will try creating a CRT standard resolution of 1024x768@75hz and will update, thanks.

EDIT: creating a CRT standard resolution hasn't helped. Sad
10-26-2015, 08:11 AM
Google is your friend.

You're looking for an option called WIDE/ORIGINAL.

Original is 1:1. 1024x768 with black bars.
Wide is "widescreen" aka stretched.

I don't know what you mean by "overclock" though.

http://www.teamfortress.tv/9657/wanna-us...cant-do-it